Author: dragon8

Gaddafi’s True Crime   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-9 05:35:46 |Display all floors
Great to see the revivification of Gaddafi beginning here. The man was a saint but he did have a
camel face. Idi Amin should be next in line for deification.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-9 07:33:00 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2015-3-9 07:26
Gaddaffi will one day be acknowledged as an African hero.

most humans seem to have better hindsight than foresight.
Yes, and many of today's heroes will be seen for the villains that they were, if wisdom takes effect.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-9 07:33:48 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2015-3-9 07:26
Gaddaffi will one day be acknowledged as an African hero.

Yes, and many of today's heroes will be seen for the villains that they were, if wisdom takes effect.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-9 10:51:06 |Display all floors
The measure of a leader is not simply to oppose the "Muricans". It is how he prepares his people for freedom. Nehru was one leader who opposed much of what the US did. But, in addition, he did well by the Indian people. Nehru was great. Gaddafi was not. Mandela, likewise.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-9 20:25:34 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-9 07:33
Yes, and many of today's heroes will be  ...

We can only hope that justice will one day prevail.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-9 20:31:06 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-3-9 10:51
The measure of a leader is not simply to oppose the "Muricans". It is how he prepares his people for ...

Some leaders have underestimated the corruptive influence the West exerts over their population. Wealth and education are never enough....... are never enough.... it seems.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-10 08:15:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-3-10 10:27

Simply parroting the lies and propaganda about Gaddafi will not change the visionary policies he had to develop his country and people to be true share holders in its wealth and resources. He paid a price for trying to make Africans stand up for themselves. He was tricked by the Western powers and so was Russia. However people that learn from history become wiser and ultimately stronger. Gaddafi's killing under false pretexts destroyed what little trust or goodwill that remained between the Western powers and Russia and China at the UN. It has had flow on effects in Syria and later. Many other nations have also moved away from the Western influence and developed stronger ties with Russia and China because of the treachery in Libya.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.