Author: kitty_joy

do u think Shanghai people are very narrow-minded? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-27 18:38:43 |Display all floors

Why do u think Shanghai people are very narrow-minded?

I read your message, I think you maybe "conjure up the whole thing through seeing a part of it ",in chinese that means,"管中窥豹".
I want to ask you, how long have you stay in Shanghai?
And,how many native Shanghai people did you meet?
I admit that there are some Shanghai people don't accept the people who comes from other cities.
However, you can't deny the great majority because of a few .
It's unfair!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-28 13:07:15 |Display all floors

:)

if you are damn smart and talent, people will show respect to you including Shanghainese.

i just wonder how much effort Kitty did to change Shanghai people's mind. i admit stereotype may lie in some of Shanghainese's mind, why not react positively rather than cursing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-28 13:25:47 |Display all floors

ON ShangHai -ese

I think shanghai people are smart, work-hard,open-mind, if you are with all those personalities, no one can stop you in shanghai, or whereever places that you going to stay.  Fittest survive, no matter where you are....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-29 13:09:06 |Display all floors

Against who think shanghai people are narrow-minded!

I can’t accept the view of this. Just as old saying, “Which characteristics of people are made from which custom of zone”.
Undoubtedly, there being something difference among the people who come from different places, either have something worthy for praise or something not, it’s natural. But opposite to Kitty Joy’s view, I think Shanghai people are very clement and open-minded, just because of this, Shanghai is becoming more and more open, modern and beautiful. As well-known, there’ men are gentle and women are elegant since then the old-society, it’s Shanghai custom.
      It is quite irrelevant to define the whole Shanghai people as “narrow-minded” by the few!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-29 21:43:11 |Display all floors

i hope no !!!

i'm a french student who will go to shanghai for 3 years at tongji university, and i've already heard that shanghai people are narrow minded, i just hope that is not true because i come from southern China  and i will live in this "great " city  for 3 years... so please tell me that shanghai people are not like every body think of them !!!!
however i've never lived in shanghai so i can't tell my proper opinion, there are students in my school who come from this city, and i've talked with them, and despite the difference of mentality, what i can say is that they are very proud of their country, and above all of Shanghai !!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-30 11:22:57 |Display all floors

maybe someting have changed now!

shanghai is a modern city!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-30 18:13:11 |Display all floors

I think so

Generally speaking, Shanghainese are snobbery , shrewd and pro-Westernized. This phenomenon is prevalent among young adults.For one thing, they do not like people speaking in Putonghua, regarding them as untouchables. They may think Taiwanese and/or Cantonese as their equals. I wish they would put themselves in proportion to the cosmopolitan city where they live and don't be so self-contented.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.