Views: 58326|Replies: 93

do u think Shanghai people are very narrow-minded? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-24 21:23:07 |Display all floors
do u think Shanghai people are very narrow-minded and always look down upon the people from other smaller cities in china?
Shanghai is a big and crowded city, i c it as a world graded city , but the people are not the world graded people. last time i went to shanghai, so many people did not abide by the rules of transportation. i also c that if u r the person who come from a poorer city, many shanghai people just disdain u and very rude. they think toooooo highly of themselves, and think toooo low of others. where is the respect and under standing? chinese should treat chinese as brothers and sisters, don't too snobbish and crafty.

and i wanna say to some or most of shanghai people, to be the right people in the right city, be open-minded and kind to immigrators.to show the kind of generosity and big-city style!

Use magic tools Report

peterduan has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-25 08:46:24 |Display all floors

kitty, take it easy

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-26 13:33:19 |Display all floors

Hi~different place makes different man~

Hi~everyone, you can find all kinds of persons in one place,especially in a metropolis.It's no doubt that ShangHai is with no exception.

There's many reasons to it~In addition to the universal recognized the imperfections of ordinary human's nature,You don't have the reason to deny that the local features mold different characteristics from different regions.

As far as everyone know, ShangHai's surface area is very small with a big population density,which is its localization,so the land is very precious since ancient times.And because of the advantage of geographical conditons,more and more dashing talents have been rushing into ShangHai~Facing with more and more fierce competion,everyone living in ShangHai feels it harder to earn money~That's why the impression of ShangHai person is shrewd and stingy even sometimes too critial. By comparions with ShangHai local human,the person living in BeiJing shows a lot of sense of authority and privilege~the person from north-east of China shows bold and unconstrainted,etc~

In a word,the features of different regions are the essential reason to special characteristics of different districts~

As a local ShangHai,we shouldn't look down upon and discriminate nonlocal persons for they are genuinely no different from us.sometime small thing can make me ashamed of ourselves so that we lost the sense of superiority~we should usually pay our more respect to others wherever they come from for we have to admit that our development and civilization are due to everyone's contribution~

Though,I don't believe anything but this: In the metropolis,the only way to pay your great endeavor to upgrade yourself.As the old saying goes:"THE FITTEST SURVIVE~"

Gratifyingly,more and more person realized the importance of changing.The world is developing and human nature is on the up grade.
We are the whole world~

Kelphon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-27 10:34:31 |Display all floors

Something

Can't transfer the actions of one person,or a group of people,to an entire people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-27 10:38:07 |Display all floors

I can't agree kelphon any more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-27 15:48:51 |Display all floors

A plea to kitty joy

Dear Kitty joy

Please get out of the dreadful habit of using words that do not exist, such as wanna.

These are sounds used by people who cannot speak English properly. They should never be used in written English. and when you use them it makes you look as though you are badly educated and ignorant, which I am sure you are not.

Please! Please. Please! Never use wanna and gonna again in written messages.

If you have any doubt, try and find a book, magazine, or a newspaper in English anywhere in the world that uses these "sounds" in the text. Try looking up wanna in the dictionary. The word does not exist. Please get out of this dreadfully bad habit of using bad English.

Use magic tools Report

freda66 has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-27 16:47:32 |Display all floors

Re: A plea to kitty joy

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.