Author: BigWang

US lawmakers say China’s “corrupt, gangster” regime is bad for Hong Kong   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-4 09:12:22 |Display all floors
The ДmeriҀan military industrial complex always get what they want.

They have top men working on this right now.

What kind of men, you ask?

Top men.

Arf, arf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 12:35:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-3-4 18:28
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-4 07:01
$3.23 billion. That wouldn't be enough to feed the chickens of the corrupt officials in China, the people that the President has called "tigers and flies".

They use that money to influence public policy which in turn benefits the Capitalist Class to the tune of trillions of dollars. But that's not all. There are PACs who raise money for candidates, Super PACs who raise money for campaigns, the Capitalist-owned MSM which vets candidates, Capitalist-funded think tanks which participate directly in the formulation and dissemination of the Capitalist "neoliberal" ideology in public policy.

In the PRC, the corruption in the system is ILLEGAL while in the U.S.A., the system itself is corrupt because buying politicans is LEGAL.
The uncomfortable truth is that democracy and free markets are incompatible. The whole point of democratic government is that it uses the legitimacy of the democratic mandate to diffuse power throughout society rather than allow it to accumulate – as any player of Monopoly understands – in just a few hands. It deliberately uses the political power of the majority to offset what would otherwise be the overwhelming economic power of the dominant market players.

If governments accept, as they have done, that the "free" market cannot be challenged, they abandon, in effect, their whole raison d'etre. Democracy is then merely a sham. The dice must then be allowed to lie where they fall, and no amount of cosmetic tinkering at the margins will conceal the fact that power has passed to that handful of people who control the global economy.

Who Voted for the Markets, Bryan Gould, The Guardian, Wednesday 26 November 2008

In the PRC, money corrupts the people running the system. But in the USA, money politics corrupts the whole system...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 16:43:00 |Display all floors
LaughinGor Post time: 2015-3-4 09:36
But it should encourage Chinese nationals to be more patriotic and hate ethnically-European yanks  ...

Just take it in your stride my friend. We need not lower ourselves to their level. They always have something to prove, we don't.  
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 17:39:52 |Display all floors
I wonder why Dana Rohrabacher, a Republican representative from California doesn't engage in sorting out the US external debt of 20 trillion dollars, the 11.4% unemployment rate, and the 200 trillion dollars of unsecured liabilties instead?   
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 18:01:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ronny at 2015-3-4 20:32
seneca Post time: 2015-3-4 15:52
So why treat U.S. Americans as enemy?

You can also say "most Chinese people are nice and hospit ...

While I have found many Americans to be quite nice, I have also found just as many to be arrogant, myopic, xenophobic, propagandized, uninformed, gung-ho braggarts. Even some of the nice ones have these qualities, and that goes for some Australians too. Waking these types up is near impossible, these types exist in any society, The US seems to have a larger percentage, and I feel it is because of the education system, not to forget the media. Americans are bathed in the idea that everything America does is great, good and the ideal way. Everyone else is either an ally or an enemy, and even allies are fair game. America used to be on the ideal path to peace, not perfect, but well on the way, now it is a rogue state that has no ethical or moral foundation, and it's dragging us along with it.
So yes, to some degree I feel America is an enemy, an enemy of peace, because it is more interested in gaining control over others than attaining peace. It's methods of "diplomacy" are very inept, " Israel and Palestine" being a prime example, simply because it puts its own interests first, they cannot operate in a neutral way. Etc. Etc. Etc..
I'm a little bit wrong and your a little bit right.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 18:14:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-4 15:57
We have this from whom exactly? Did you poll those corrupt cretins or did you have access to sec ...

Maybe he is using observational math and logic, which would appear to show that the 1% are represented by 99% of the politicians, and the 99% are represented by only 1 % of politicians. The basic ratio seems to be supported by the reality of the societies we have today, not just in America, but in the west as a whole, we didn't get to where we are today by some fluke of luck on the part of the 1%, it almost has to have been orchestrated. Such a situation would require a great deal of preference to be given to that 1%, which represents a misrepresentation of representative democratic (democracy) government. That to me is corruption on a large scale. Sure, it may actually be only 90% and 10 % respectively, but in a general sense, perfectly accurate numbers are not needed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-4 18:22:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-3-4 15:50
I don't want Euyropeans "to feel grateful" to anyone for doing business with them.
They sell onl ...

Maybe grateful is not the right word, but certainly they would feel some economic relief if their trade was to increase.
As for the Chinese they are refocusing their attention on internal consumption, so some improvement should occur as a matter of course. many changes take time and with China's history and population, change can take more time, hopefully the bad companies will get weeded out sooner rather than later, though the demo-graphical problems it has are quite endemic, routing out the corrupt will be both time consuming and difficult.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.