Author: amanda_mu

Who has been reading Bill Cliton's My Life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-9 17:39:54 |Display all floors

re

This is the preface.是在古汉语中就是“这”。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-10 11:00:41 |Display all floors

Bill Clinton's My Life

Not yet, would you pleased help me how to get this book?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-10 17:32:52 |Display all floors

Really?

I am reading this e-book too, but not in details. I often skip several paragraphies due to some meaningless record of his experience. Now I am afraid to find what the upstairs advoca said will  come to true. Really expect I can find some interesting, meaningful and knowledgable in this Book!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-11 03:44:23 |Display all floors

Just wait a few months.

That book will be in the bargain bin at every book store in the US soon.  Most books, whose authors appear on the cover, do not sell much past about 6 months after the release date.  I think it cost $35 here now, probably less on Amazon.com and will probably be less than $10 before the end of the year.

Amanda, Fahrenheit 451 is a classic book.  It's sort of similar to Owell's 1984.  In Fahrenheit firefighters actually set houses on fire if they contain books.  Very scary stuff.

As for Clinton's story, it might be a lot more interesting to those who didn't have to put up with his ego and scandals for 8 yrs, namely non-Americans.  Clinton is the quintessential megalomaniac, who will work harder as an ex-president to rehabilitate his image for history, just like Nixon and Carter did.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 08:19:01 |Display all floors

是为序

是为序 should be translated as following:

It is all (Preface).

As a foreigner,I think it is a ending word used often, better than directly translated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 10:50:53 |Display all floors

Invalid link too

Sorry, It's not existance

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-13 21:05:23 |Display all floors

i do not think Bill is a great leader but a lucky man

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.