Author: BigWang

Seawater based Grain can help China to become food independence.   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-2-22 09:20:33 |Display all floors
goodie Post time: 2015-2-22 11:14
Reference for the original source is not important, due to people can make stories in line with pe ...

While one cannot have sources for everything (many can be deduced logically), this is a different issue.
It is a scientific claim. How did the OP come to know of this? What report or news item from which he saw this claim?
Look at the OP, the first post on this thread. What report is the OP talking about? It is important to site it, if one made a claim, to maintain credibility.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-22 09:28:35 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-2-22 09:20
While one cannot have sources for everything (many can be deduced logically), this is a different  ...

Science is different to the general social news or events or phenomena, this is common sense. When people want to disseminate scientific knowledge or some intersting things that can be shared or debated on then here should be some quotations for readers to take a reference. Other wise, we can call it is kind of, using Chinese saying, Watering.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-22 09:34:43 |Display all floors
goodie Post time: 2015-2-22 11:28
Science is different to the general social news or events or phenomena, this is common sense. When ...

The OP says clearly in the first sentence of the first post - "There is reeport China has successfully grow grain based from sea water irrigated field. "

Which report is this? From what source did the OP come to know of this report?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-22 09:44:02 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-2-22 09:34
The OP says clearly in the first sentence of the first post - "There is reeport China has successf ...

Attitude decides results. I guess the poster is too thirsty for getting quality feedback for the solutions of his question, so he forgot the important point for a good thread. I pardon he/she, because i am naive here, so i want know more about rule of the forum hereafter.

Science needs scientific attitude.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-22 09:47:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-2-22 13:23
goodie Post time: 2015-2-22 11:44
Attitude decides results. I guess the poster is too thirsty for getting quality feedback for the s ...

Not just  in science, but one needs a rational, clear approach in life, even though every human motive or emotion is not scientifically, rational.
However, if there is a slip up or a mistake, the OP can still admit it honestly and make corrections. Sure, there will be some who will ridicule or make fun of them and write nasty things, but ultimately all thinking people will admire and appreciate the courage and honesty. Their credibility will then improve.

It takes time to build up credibility and it can be lost in one slip up or incident or even accident.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-22 12:36:15 |Display all floors
Well, we can all search the web for more info. This is very interesting and could be a great breakthrough.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-23 00:17:53 |Display all floors
It is not doable. Hype only

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.