Author: UKcrushChina

England Building Two Brand New Aircraft Carriers to Fight China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-5 09:51:32 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-2-18 21:28
What ho, old bean ?

Smack!!!
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 09:56:07 |Display all floors
Cdogg Post time: 2015-3-5 09:51
Smack!!!

Yowzah !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 10:13:08 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-5 09:36
A consummation to be devoutly avoided /desired ( ?). Don't think about it in pictures.

It's not about the consummation of any kind but the phenomenon of sleep paralysis.  Following are excerpts from the article headlined "PARANORMAL OR SLEEP PARALYSIS" at the website of the Haunted History Society Australia.

(Begin excerpts)
"You wake up in the middle of the night and find that you couldn't move or cry out for help... barely able to breath....you feel a heavy weight on your chest....you see a shadowy intruder by the bed... you sense that it is evil...and you are powerless to do anything about it...."

Have you just experienced a supernatural force, an alien abduction or have you experienced sleep paralysis?

People from all over the world have experienced this unnerving phenomenon. The victims wake to find they can't move, even though they can see, hear, and smell. There is usually the feeling of great weight on the chest that causes breathing difficulties and the sense that there is some sinister presence in the room with them. Often there is the sound of approaching footsteps, apparitions of strange shadows or even glowing eyes.

With such bizarre and frightening experiences, it is no wonder that many people fear that they have been attacked in their beds by some malevolent spirit or perhaps had an alien visitation.

The phenomenon occurs to both males and females of various ages and seems to affect between 15 to 40% of the population at least once in a lifetime. It affects people, sleeping during the day or night and is a world-wide phenomenon that has been documented since ancient times.

According to Wikipedia the original paralysis was codified by Dr Samuel Johnson in his "A Dictionary of the English Language" as "nightmare", that evolved into the modern definition. Sleep paralysis was widely considered to be the work of demons or a incubi, which were thought to sit on the chest of sleepers. In Old English, the name of these beings was "mare" there fore becomes "mare" part in "in nightmare"....

Sleep paralysis is a frightening form of "paralysis" that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an ill-timed disconnection between the brain and the body.

The symptoms of sleep paralysis include sensations of noises, smells, levitation, paralysis, terror, and images of frightening intruders. Once considered very rare, about half of all people are now believed to experience sleep paralysis sometime during their life.

Sleep paralysis strikes as a person is moving into or out of REM (Rapid eye movement) sleep., the deepest part of sleep. During REM sleep the body is largely disconnected from the brain leaving the body paralyzed. Sleep paralysis is the result of premature (or persistent) mind-body disconnection as one about to enter into (or exit from) REM sleep.

Sleep paralysis occurs often after jet-lag or periods of sleeplessness that interrupt the normal REM patterns. It affects both sexes equally and occurs at all ages but most common in teenagers. Sleep paralysis can be familial and may be genetic (inherited) in some cases.

An attack of sleep paralysis is usually harmless and self-limited. It tends to be over in a couple of minutes as soon as the brain and body re-establish connections and the person is able to move again. However, the memory of the terrifying sensations felt during the sleep paralysis can be long endured. Some scholars believe that sleep paralysis many account for many of the claims of attacks by witches and the more recent reports of abductions by space aliens.

Sleep paralysis goes under a number of names, including "old Hag in New Foundland (a old witch thought to sit on the chest of of the paralyzed sleeper). In the West Indies, it is thought to be a ghost baby that jumps on the chest of the sleeper and attacks the throat. Kanashibian in Japan and Gui ya or ghost pressure in China (a ghost that sits on and assaults the sleeper)....  (End excerpts)
Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 10:19:59 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2015-3-5 09:19
A plainly ridiculous headline like this deserves to be ignored. However, just to get the argument ba ...

Well said.  I look forward to seeing more of your valuable contributions to this site.

Some clowns seem to be so bored with life that they seek fun by dumping all sorts of rubbish onto this site at the chagrin of readers besides wasting a lot of precious Internet space.
Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 11:17:47 |Display all floors
Ok, well as a British person myself...England is not building these. If they are part of our navy, it is better to say Britain is building these.

As for anyone reading this. On behalf of most British on here, if this commenter is indeed British, I apologise for his behaviour. I think very few people think along the lines they do.

But the other more like idea is that the commenter is not even British and is trying to "stir s**t" as we would say. Make trouble. Ignore ghost commenters. You can always tell, BS comment followed by newcomer status.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 11:22:49 |Display all floors
reedak Post time: 2015-3-5 10:19
Well said.  I look forward to seeing more of your valuable contributions to this site.

Some clown ...

To back up you and Tedm, i think we "the sensible ones" should begin to just ignore moronic posters on here. It's mainly for attention, nothing else. Bigwang for example is one poster whose threads I try to avoid now as he is an utter moron. Racist newcomer "this ghost who has haunted CD for a while" is the same.

Let them all jack each other off on their own threads.

And that's not to say the sensible ones are the ones who agree. But there is disagreeing and then being an imbecile. This thread falls under the latter category for sure.
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-5 11:23:36 |Display all floors
reedak Post time: 2015-3-5 10:19

Some clown ...

And laughingor, below your comment will be another one I will ignore in the future. Another one filled with racist hate filled bile.
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.