Views: 1553|Replies: 1

Desperate man abducts woman to be wife for Spring Festival [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-2-13 15:47:36 |Display all floors
A man in Dalian, Liaoning Province is in police custody for abducting a woman with intentions of bringing her home for Spring Festival to alleviate himself of pressure from his family to marry, media reported on Thursday.

Police said it took two hours to track down the suspect surnamed Liu after the victim, 24-year-old surnamed Tan, was reported missing by her boyfriend on Monday morning.

Tan, a factory employee, recounted her abduction to police saying Liu accosted her on her way to work, tied her up and took her to a remote location, where he demanded her marry him.

Liu, 32, told police he abducted Tan in order to avoid pressure to marry from family members during Spring Festival. "All my brothers and sisters are engaged while I'm still single. As Chinese New Year approaches … I'm worried that my parents would put me down," Liu said.

Liu told the police that he began plotting to kidnap a woman one month earlier.

"I had not considered the consequences. I just wanted to find a wife. I cannot stand the way they nag me about my marriage," Liu said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-2-13 16:08:38 |Display all floors
What a strange country, is this a Chinese tradition?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.