Views: 762|Replies: 4

Trains prove a strain for foreigners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-23 14:33:39 |Display all floors
Foreigners traveling by train during the upcoming Spring Festival rush will face extra delays because they must have their IDs checked and buy their tickets at counters rather than from ticket machines. WANG JING / CHINA DAILY 

Strict ID checks, long waiting times, lack of automatic machines a turnoff at rail stations
Rail companies need to improve the service they offer to foreign trave ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-23 14:33:40 |Display all floors
Couldn't agree more.. transport booking are foreigner-unfriendly because although we have a legitime residence visa, we don't have the Chinese ID card... and it goes the same for web payments and many other everyday activities...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-23 18:21:29 |Display all floors
This is a real problem! One has to input more information to China Rail to help solve online booking problems. At the entrance, tickets are randomly checked or if not never!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-23 18:49:14 |Display all floors
Not sure we will all notice the difference. I buy train tickets at train ticket offices where one always has to show I.D. They do not have any automatic machines so everybody lines up. However if you pick the right times, it does not take long.
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-24 01:14:35 |Display all floors
Buying Chinese train tickets abroad is really hard. I have just done a DIY tour of China so I did not have a travel agent. I tried to buy my train tickets before leaving home but gave up. I bought plane tickets instead which was easy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.