Author: bfsuleo

China suffers more losses than gains from processing imported waste   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-22 09:31:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 09:41:54 |Display all floors
Better to recycle it then leave it to outlast us humans. Plus its annoying to see floating out in the ocean, knowing that it kills sea life. The same sea life we eat to live
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 10:29:11 |Display all floors
IMO the many people who recycle metal, paper, plastic etc. in China deserve respect. The level of recycling here is extremely high. It could be improved still further. Organic waste could be collected, composted and used for habitat restoration in the Gobi desert and other degraded areas. Even human urine has a value which will increase over coming decades, as phosphate becomes more scarce.

Goods and packaging should be designed to be safely recycled, burned, reused or composted after use, and some chemical additives banned. The health of these hard working people and the environment as a whole is suffering because manufacturers want to package goods in bright coloured wrapping, when they could easily use brown paper, cellulose etc.

It's not a free market if the people who make the waste push their external costs (pollution, waste disposal etc. on to the rest of society). If I steal or vandalise your car, I can be prosecuted for the cost of repairing it. No one says "it's a free market, so I can steal your car radio, or smash your windscreen if it suits my purpose". It should be the same for people who mix toxic chemicals into other people's air, soil and water. Polluters should pay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 10:41:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-22 10:25
There is no morality anywhere that ships waste to other countries, Bimbo.

I just feel China is ...

Waste raw materials are shipped all the time. Used paper, rubber, glass, plastic and metals are imported to all countries that have related industry.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 10:53:49 |Display all floors
jordan_c_fan Post time: 2015-1-22 09:23
Environmental damages are extensive.

the more recyclable resourses we can make use of ,the less damage the human beings cause on environment and nature.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 11:25:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-22 14:31:55 |Display all floors
ok.sad news indeed,but i can't get the point of dealing with the waste,it reflects the abysmal working environment in workshop,like the mom feeds the new-borned babe and the sorting worker's child to drink out the syrine he found, it deeply touch the bottom of our heart and push us to think of the value of recycling ,maybe its just the easy sorting and pick out whats called essence without any process, with the second producing and export to other developed countries, leaving the waste to us for digesting and regenerate the new products for them, China can be called a waste-workshop transfer now,i dont know this thing really happening in this bloody motherland here! worries and best wishes ~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.