Views: 1671|Replies: 8

Stray cat 'saves' Russian baby abandoned in freezing hallway [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-16 11:43:54 |Display all floors
An abandoned newborn baby was saved from freezing to death by the unlikeliest of hero - a stray cat.
The tabby named Marsha climbed into the box the infant had been dumped in and kept the child warm for several hours as the mercury plunged below zero.
Residents in the block of flats found the unusual surrogate curled around the freezing boy and licking his face after being alerted by his cries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 11:47:41 |Display all floors
'The baby had only been outside for a few hours and thanks to Masha … he was not damaged by the experience,' a hospital spokesman told Central European News.
Nadezhda Makhovikova, who lives in the flats in Obninsk in the Kaluga region of Russia, told REN TV she ventured into the stairwell after hearing what sounded like a cat meowing in distress.
'When I went down, I saw it was the baby crying,' she said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 11:49:31 |Display all floors
Mothering Marsha ran after paramedics as they took the tiny baby to the ambulance, it was reported.
Vera Ivanina, a paramedic, told REN TV: 'She was so worried about where we were taking the baby.
'She ran right behind us, meowing. She was really a rational creature.'
The baby, a boy aged between two to three months, was taken to hospital where he was checked over by medics.
The infant, who was found in clean clothes and with a pack of nappies, was declared fit and healthy, despite her hours in the cold.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-16 11:50:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-17 10:43:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2015-1-16 18:43

In the US this breed is known as the Maine Coon but similar cats are known worldwide.
They are the largest domesticated cat. I've had two. The first one a long time ago and
the second is still with me. They are stocky and very strong but have a very gentle nature
with people. With small animals it's a different story. They are excellent hunters.
My first Maine Coon killed a full grown grey squirrel. They are very intelligent and make
excellent pets.
It is said that they are the best cat for people who like dogs since their personality is
more like that of a dog than any other breed of cat.
But they are cats after all so if you're strictly a dog person, don't bother.
They won't come when called, if they don't feel like it, and they aren't likely to do tricks for you.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-18 19:02:33 |Display all floors
Cats are cool

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-18 20:28:51 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-1-18 11:02
Cats are cool

And warm!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.