Author: adele001

Protect Chinese traditional festivals: ban the Christmas Eve   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-25 13:37:35 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-12-25 13:25
Ok, but you missed the point. Christmas is our biggest holiday, China mainly celebrates the BIGGES ...

you are such an expert

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 13:42:19 |Display all floors
adele001 Post time: 2014-12-25 13:37
you are such an expert

I have emailed my confucius institue in Glasgow just there, once they send the pictures I will post them on your thread if thats ok?
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 13:44:10 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-12-25 13:42
I have emailed my confucius institue in Glasgow just there, once they send the pictures I will pos ...

you can have a try

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 13:44:43 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-12-25 13:42
I have emailed my confucius institue in Glasgow just there, once they send the pictures I will pos ...

you can have a try

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 14:19:03 |Display all floors
billymillennium Post time: 2014-12-25 14:14
MerryChristmas seanboyce88. I hope you post those here

Merry christmas to you too.

It is christmas back there, I emailed the manager but it may take a few days as her husband is Scottish so they may be out visiting family
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 14:27:27 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2014-12-25 13:01
No one in the West celebrate the birth of Confucius.  why should we help them to celebrate a lie ab ...

FYI

There are also two sets of distinct accounts of Jesus travelling through India.[33] According to the first set of accounts, Jesus travelled and studied in India between the ages of twelve and thirty. According the second set of accounts, Jesus did not die on the cross, but after his apparent death and resurrection he journeyed to Kashmir to teach the gospel, and then remained there for the rest of his life.[33][34] The origin of the first set of accounts is attributed to Russian author Nicolas Notovitch who published the book La vie Inconnue du Jesus Christ (The Unknown life of Jesus Christ) in 1894.[33][35] Once his story had been re-examined by historians, Notovitch confessed to having fabricated the evidence.[36] Bart D. Ehrman states that "Today there is not a single recognized scholar on the planet who has any doubts about the matter. The entire story was invented by Notovitch, who earned a good deal of money and a substantial amount of notoriety for his hoax".[37]

The origin of the second set of accounts is attributed to Indian author Mirza Ghulam Ahmed who published the book Masih Hindustan Mein (Jesus in India) in 1899.[38] These two accounts are generally not presented in combination. While travel between Middle-East and India was common during those times, these accounts are not given serious thought and treated as speculation since there is no historical account, either in early Christian writings or Indian historical accounts, to either confirm or refute Jesus travelling to India.[33]

Scholars now unanimously consider Notovitch's book as a hoax.[39] although it has been speculated that the stories might be referring to Mani, the founder of extinct Manichaeism who is considered as a false prophet in Christendom

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 14:47:45 |Display all floors
Wow, the debate is so hot that there are a lot of ideas and opinions!
However, I admire that the post owner is good at writing in English. I know almost words in this passage, but I can not use them precisely and beautifully!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.