Views: 11290|Replies: 30

How real is America's media portrayal of China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-24 17:16:26 |Display all floors
I only read negative news about China on the US website: Pollution, underaged Olympic athletes, tainted foods, and of course communism! From those of you who have been to or lived in China, do you think the American media portray a real China? Is there anything missing?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-24 22:04:46 |Display all floors
It's possible that some of the bad news your reading is the result of bad feelings resulting from the lost jobs due to outsourcing here in the USA. There are many that don't profit much from outsourcing, while others become rich in doing so. That's not to say that the news your reading is false. There are some accuracies within the reports, some of which may be exaggerated, some not. I have visited China, and have no issues to report...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-25 08:22:03 |Display all floors
Look at how america is portrayed on these forums,  its about the same both ways.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-29 01:50:43 |Display all floors
Most western news on China is negative and even if the news itself is not negative it is portrayed as having a negative effect on America.

For now there is not much news at all about China. The lamestream western media is too busy making Sony millions of dollars on a movie that should have been a box office failure.
Proud supporter of Blessing Hands Charity.  https://sites.google.com/a/blessing-hands.org/blessing-hands/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-29 08:45:23 |Display all floors
I only read negative news about China on the US website:

I only read negative propaganda about China on the US moutpiece website.

FTFY. You're welcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-29 08:58:10 |Display all floors
Robert must be on his annual photography retreat in Giulin as he isn't allover with one
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-29 09:54:37 |Display all floors
It's spelled P-R-O-P-A-G-A-N-D-A.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.