Author: bfsuleo

Should begging on metro be banned? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-18 14:32:53 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-12-18 11:37
i would like to see karma hit those professional scroungers in a big way........we have them in lo ...

when i say karma, i mean natural consequences, not human intervention.

unless there is harm to another, i can't see how it is anyone's business how someone wants to live their life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-19 02:22:18 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2014-12-18 08:49
does it sound like i would support and encourage them?...i'm just saying, it's not really my busin ...

one of my least favourite things about China is the lack of compassion for other people, especially those in genuine need.
I volunteered to work with homeless people while I was in university, as people do this in my home country.
most were homeless due to no fault of their own and all they needed was shelter, some food and some human conversation.
the problem is being able to discriminate between the fakers and the real people who need help.
offering food is a quick way to do that.
Those who accept are those in need.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-12-19 09:04:27 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2014-12-17 00:30
if you want to help beggars, give them food.
those you are genuinely in need will accept it, those w ...

True story! I had just gone shopping (for groceries) and some beggars approached me. When I opened my bag to give them some food I bought, they turned the food down.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-19 17:02:42 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-12-19 09:04
True story! I had just gone shopping (for groceries) and some beggars approached me. When I opened ...

you did the compassionate thing
But they were probably not genuine beggars

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.