Author: english-learner

Why few Chinese brands make it abroad?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-6 15:09:06 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-1-6 12:59
The British tradition of "English Tea" came from China. Even though China didn't have a patent or b ...

China is not China in Chinsese, is Zhongguo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-6 22:28:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-6 15:27
Doyou know that the British came to China specifically to source tea? Eventually a Scotsman mana ...

The first thing I learned to say in Chinese was wo bu yao he cha. Why would anyone want to drink boiling hot water with some leaves in it? Many people do but many people also eat tofu and eggplant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-6 22:55:05 |Display all floors
When tea was very expensive in Britain..... much of the tea consumed was made of ordinary tree leaves treated with sheep's urine....... to give it an exotic taste.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-7 01:52:45 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-6 15:30
I dispute part of what you wrote.

How many Ming vases were copied, and who were the buyers?

I have this on good authority..... "Antiques Roadshow" no less. Some "Chinese articles" in British collections have "never been to China"... to use a well know phrase.

Faking has been going on since time immemorial. A Carthaginian wreck, discovered not long ago, carried local wine for export pretending to be Greek, as it would fetch a higher price.

As long as something states the fact that it is fake.... it does not matter. You can print any number of dollars with "FAKE" printed across without breaking the law..... I think.

I have been tempted to buy some Chinese paintings at auction a few times.... but haven't so far. I shall have to research the subject before I do.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-8 10:14:12 |Display all floors
it's simple the imperialists wont allow it. apple uses threats, sabatoge, and bribes to make it abroad, and that's how they make it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-9 21:54:38 |Display all floors
it takes sometime for people to recognize & also to develope the quality that goes into its product  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-12 21:35:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-9 21:44
That is what I have been saying all along!

The Chinese have no mature concept of quality and r ...

that's the high price that they have to pay eventually just no shortcut in craftmanship & quality people are not dum especially nothin is free   
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.