Author: michelle714

Should I accept his love?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-28 00:41:52 |Display all floors

To lily123

Thank you very much for telling me your opinion, I appreciate. Well, the things you mentioned I have already thought about carefully. Yes, I know it's difficult to balance the culture and background difference with him. However, I'm a little lucky, cause I lived in Australia for a year and my ex-boyfriend is a foreigner. So I'm quite familiar with the way they think and behave. But I do admit, some of the habbits or customs, I dislike. So ?I have to negotiate and have a compromising with him. And I also talked about lonely feeling issue if I'm abroad while he is busy working. I told him, if I eventually can't endure that feelings, then I would come back to China, he showed me he will follow me back here. So as long as I feel it's time for me to go back to China to settle down, then I would come back no matter what. Since I declare this clearly at the very beginning, he accepts, so it's fair for each other.
About generation gap, well, it is in my mind. But I think it's ok for me to minimize it, cause I know we have so many hobbies and values are same and close. Actually I think love is just the process of compromising,try to think about things from other's position then everything could be easy to explain and understand. I know it's really hard to do it, but at least I wanna try........

Thank you for your sincerity!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 10:57:24 |Display all floors

To: michelle714

I think is very nomadic to fall in love with the foreigner;Yes?
sorry , i 'll tell you next time!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-28 21:30:27 |Display all floors

To michelle714

since then, good luck , my friend!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-29 04:46:44 |Display all floors

I give you advice from my own experience !

I married to a man who was 16 year older than me.......
He was an attractive, intelligent and well educated with a master degree
from one of best universities in America and he also was a quite wealthy... When I marry him I thought it was a dream marriage....

What made me marry to him even through the age difference ??
It was pure LOVE and I followed my heart.....
Make long story short,  right now I am going through nasty divorce....
We are fighting custody over my young daughter....

You need to look for men who are similar with your age...
Living with much older man is not healthy thing for you.
It is very much personal, so I can't say too much on here,
but remember there are plenty of young men out there waiting you to come into their life and fall in love with you.....
Don't be too romantic about your love..... Be realistic !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-29 23:52:22 |Display all floors

To gracelee

Thank you for sharing your own experience with me, but I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad to know you cause I do want to find someone who had or has the same experience with me, then we can communicate if you like. Even if I don't know why you two came to this step of your marriage now, but I still believe at that moment, you loved him very much, right? Otherwise you wouldn't marry him. However, no one can foresee what will happen in the marriage. What I'm wondering now is even if I marry a young guy who are the same age with me, then can I guarantee we would not get divorced? No, I don't know. So it's the same, no matter who I get married with.

Actually I do wish you can find some other way to resolve the problem between you and your husband, if it's ever possible to not divorce then don't get divorced! I hope you are happy with your marriage sincerely! I hope you can retrieve it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-30 01:36:16 |Display all floors

Old men who want fall in love with MUCH MUCH younger women

usually have sick mind !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-1 23:07:59 |Display all floors

To: gracelee - Re: old men

From one sick mind to another.

Emotions are emotions and cannot be controlled by intellect. I agree with you, that seeing an older man with a young girl is sometimes disgusting, but who are we to sit in judgment of their respective love.

I feel the pain for your mistake and wish I could help, but remember that it takes two. A gentleman will not take advantage of a situation and marry just for youthful sex and neither does a lady marry just for material rewards, unless she is cunning and deceptive and consequently deserves the negative result.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.