Author: michelle714

Should I accept his love?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-16 15:23:47 |Display all floors

but...

...have you met the guy yet?

Internet romances are ok but until you actually meet it's all just a fantasy.  Don't make any false promises until you've had time to get to know each other properly.
Age gaps are never a problem over the internet.  In reality they can be a big problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-17 01:11:19 |Display all floors

Thanks so much!

I appreciate your encouragements a lot! Thank you! I admire your happy marriage and I wish I can live a sweet one as well. It seems everything is fine now, he treats me very well. I feel very secured with him because of his maturity and sincerity. If it's really smooth, maybe I will go to US next year. But who knows, actually I prefer that he can settle down in China, but I know his job is really great in US, so it's not reasonable for me to ask him to give up his career there but come here, especially when I know he is willing to do so as long as I want him to do. Well, only time knows, so just wait until he comes in this September first and meet.
Thank you for your words, you encouraged me a lot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-18 08:12:31 |Display all floors

"This could but have happened once, And we missed it, lost it for ever.

If I were in your position I would follow my heart. It would seem to me that I was letting fear drown my feelings and that I should be brave. It is true, the future may hold difficulties - but should I therefore turn away or face them bravely?

"Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action."

Love Love Love and be brave

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-18 16:22:22 |Display all floors

To Yuandian

Thanks a lot, I understand that I should be braver and let my feelings go! I never want to miss something nice and important in my life, especially love. Cause I can't afford regretting. I just decide to accept him as who he is, hopefully I'm right.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-22 23:32:40 |Display all floors

Just feel conflicted sometimes........

Although I know I should follow my heart, I still have some worries about our relationship. I always wonder when we are both very very old one day, whether he will pass away before me just because of the 15 years age difference. I know I would not accept the fact if it really comes, cause I know it would be the greatest sorrow for me at that moment. I never want to see my beloved go away before me, if I could choose then I'd rather pass away earlier than him.........How can I live alone without my husband at that time? So as long as I think about this issue, I feel very helpless.......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-23 11:05:33 |Display all floors

Do I require too much?

Actually I should feel very appreciate and satisfied with my current relationship with him, he calls me at least one hour every day from US when he gets off work and back home. I can see  his love and cares obviously, I know he is sincere. But I still feel I need he pays more attention to me.

He is very busy at work every day, so he can seldom write me a long email during the day when he works. Although I understand this, I still can't help feeling disappointed. Even if I write to him, he may not be able to reply it in time when he works. So he just calls me everyday to see if I'm fine here. But why I still feel it's not enough? Do I require too much?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-23 11:18:02 |Display all floors

Michelle.

My Chinese wife is 21 years younger than me.........She still can't keep up. Give it a chance. This guy could be a king and you his queen. Or, not. Let him come, find out for yourself. If you don't you might regret it for the rest of your life.

Be true to yourself.

If the age still bothers you, then let him go.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.