Views: 3947|Replies: 11

Do you know the meaning of western festivals?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-8 16:38:26 |Display all floors
         As  Christmas is coming,we can see many decorations for Christmas everywhere,for example,Santa models,Christmas trees,especially in the shopping mall or stores.Recently,only if you go to shopping can you find many decorations for Christams.It is impossible that you do not know there is a festival around the corner.But how many Chinese people know the deep meaning of the festival,I have no idea.It seems that we just want to make more money and many festivals have becoming more commercialized.I also will put more attention on money if I am a businessman.I often give my friends apple in the Christmas Eve,maybe I just want to catch the fashion and I do not know the deep meaning of the festival,actually...Now I want to  search the internet and find something to have a deep understanding about Christmas.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-12-8 17:20:07 |Display all floors
"Now I want to  search the internet and find something to have a deep understanding about Christmas."

A Lot there to CONFUSE you

In the Christian religion, Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ by the virgin Mary, which is observed on December 25 by Roman Catholics and Protestants.

The date of Christ's actual birth is unknown. It is not recorded in the Bible. However, Christians of all denominations and faith groups, aside from the Church of Armenia, celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-8 17:55:34 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2014-12-8 17:20
"Now I want to  search the internet and find something to have a deep understanding about Christmas. ...

Thank you,I got a lot.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-12-8 18:01:17 |Display all floors
xuedongi60 Post time: 2014-12-8 17:55
Thank you,I got a lot.

Sure, You must have also known that 25th December is NOT the date of Birth of Jesus Christ

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-12-10 07:13:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-10 08:33:08 |Display all floors
It's all about the supposed birthday of a human being that went around healing people. Word got around that he was the son of god. The myth grew from there and got very ugly. Men went to war, believers against non believers. In a sense, it has been a most tragic influence upon the earth.

You can celebrate christmas and treat it as a big birthday party but don't read to much significance into it.  
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-10 21:53:26 |Display all floors
as you wish -

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.