Views: 6807|Replies: 11

Hutongs culture and their big mouth,gossip(Good4elderly to live and connected)Li [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-7-11 10:56:22 |Display all floors
Yeah, I  was at home, I lived in my one story house made of mud,built by my grandpa's gennation.  I was large and spacious,with an area of 200 Square meters.In the 4 cornors located 4 seraprated familis,my three uncle and aunt's and my father,each of them got the alter of Heaven of Harvest,which also acted as Kitchens.

AND we have enough space to place 4 tables, three of them should be united in the hall room to join a feast together with 4 families and my grandma on the celebration of Spring festival.

It is very interesting, kids like us love holding my bowl,eating when we are traveling to different families tables and get an award to taste some good thing from different family.  We are a big family,which should live serapratedly while men are grownup and married in our family,but in fact we live in the same house,and also united to do some big events,and kids in this big family are very happy who can share love from different family and we also can travelling to neibors family to see what they are eating on their table, If they have some new dishes,and some meat to eat today, we will get on from them.

Turn to be point here,living in the one storyhouse in beijing,such limited place,you can't have kitchen,toliet and washing machine in it.  There is a moving table which you put it outside to enjoy meals,and having a bath is very different thing to do in winter so that you should to get public bath room.

In Summer, it is okay you can stand there and get the tag water from a pipe to you and then wash your body.
but summer sometime rains,what do you think of drops of water falldown in your house over you head,   are you sure a basin can help save the water,but avoid being annoied at night with concern of whether it will be all wet in the room.

One thing i like live in the Hutong, the nice people here,the civilians would like to gossip everydays thing,about the price of some item they bought, and what something they have done recently,and what a good tv program they watched ,or policatila even held in beiiing,even you can hear them chatting in the toilets in the moring.

In the lazy afternoon, someone elderly on the wheelchair wanderering nearby,  a   housewife  take by a elder hand and help her to have some steps of walk which thought as suotable execise.

And some kids along the hutong,throwing a ball in the roof of house,letting the ball through a hole and fally down .

it is very incomvention to get water in everyday cleaning and have so many people loving live together, a family in a 3by4,12 square metter room,  and at night you can get up and take some turns and twist to find a toliet.hehe..funny,   

rainy i hate, the shose is web and bring lots of mud in the mouse,very dirty.

saved:Topic 2. Beijing's heritage status to be questioned
Beijing is among the World Heritage sites to be questioned by the 28th session of World Heritage Committee. Insiders warned that the World Heritage Sites designation is not a lifelong one. Discussion and questioning are equivalent to an oral warning: If no measures are taken to protect the sites, the site may be added to the endangered list or removed from the World Heritage List. (Thanks for Liqi to provide this topic)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-21 20:30:39 |Display all floors

why not have yourself here in jungle of hutongs rather than lave inadeque materi

Hutong,is that so attractive just becoz of its location ?

hUTONGS   dEMOLISHED...BUT YOU WILL GET USED TO IT,IT IS HARD TO LEARN THERE PSYCIALLY

HAHA.......watching  the TV  serial again you find more about Beijing  hutong culture  at  BTV_8 AT NIGHT CALLED   "pingzhui zhang da ming de xinfu shenghuo"------The happy life of  Mr zhang  da ming, who is big mouth.

the great interestest thing is that ,people like to communicate each other and many old people have great time sitting at the door with sharing bench and  share many new thing happened and story in a day,day by day.

And Some Mature and married men in 40s have many things to complaint and also bring news from paper to discuss.  Maybe someone will win 1st prize in a lottery.

The gathering is randomly placed,if one rest there on the bench seeing some else passby,they would be so easy to ask where he or she is going,then he or she  will pay attention to answer and tell why she or he want to do that in great explianation.

One day A edler was in hopital,and her son s wife help cook and send the meal to her in the hospital that draw attention around the neiberhood,then every when the wife go out,there would be one asking her whether the Elder getting better.

The wife also tell the truth that when She have to bring the  Elder back home,for it is expensive stay a bed position in the hospital and She is sure She can better care the Elder while take the Elder home.

I m happy that, one day, I saw the Wife Hold the Elder and help her have some steps for a walk,and then it continue to do that everyday .

Sorry, i could help you much,there are lots of things here,and even some constrution worker as migrant who keep hope to bring back money to let their kid get education reside here,the conditions for their live is poor,and you only some cover for the bed placing out the door,for the room they rented is small but live more than 6 worker....They are hard to find place to bath,their hair are alway with some dirt ,it seem grey and let the energic men looks more elder than expected

I don't have time to write some excatly.it is very hard.

the Big problem have been sovled when more toliets were bulit, and the garbage or rubbish station people throw unused thing there was taken away by the clearner with Tricyble wheeler reguarly twice or three times a day,with a singal by whistling to show resident here He is coming and get the gargage and saying llet him take away all gargage.

The house is just one story one,some mightbe just one room but it seems all house are in connetion with a linked wall.They don't have some noise proof funtion for the wall,so sometimes you can easily hear dogs barking outdoor or some comple in quarlling.

As some student and young men living here,it is ashame to tell,we love to get to sleep at late light and making fun,but too loudly,or some burstout laghter make it noisy,or some favorite Tv Program we turn on a little higher volume,then get complaint then sorry from us many times if there is a lamp,there will be some people  in neiborhud come and talk under it in the night with their own chair they brings.

There would be three talk show here,one in the moring,some one get up to toliet and stay near door on the bench for a fresh air and relax and someone see each and have a stopby and begin talk.

one in the afternoon after a short sleep and some more female there talk to each,some times some men joint in when they are in no work.

Night talk is more spendid and big,some time assocaited with a dest ,some snack and bears for chatter,  .....around  some table,  there are  some one  playing     Chinese  Chess,  and  Chinese   Majiang,  Poker

that is all. thanks for your atternion.

Jing yelson

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-3 16:30:45 |Display all floors

interesting.

What's a hutong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-14 10:38:15 |Display all floors

Do you think Woman more easy to buy underwear for man,rahter than man do for woe

Hutong is a lane lined with one story house on both sides,linked like a web,or spread out in some shape......Sorry,  in fact, if you have been to countryside, they should be called  Xiangzi,  like a riddle,there are lots of entrance and exit.

I just had a new idea inspired by the scene i had from the TV seris.......A man, who might a police, trying hard to buy some underwear for his elder sister who live in asylum with neuro problem........but chased by his  girlfriend, who might suspect him sth wrong or have other girl outside..

What do you think if a man buy wntering into  Women'area in a store department and trying to buy some underwear ,bra for His girl friend...

Do you find it more common to let women purchasing daily product for the family.. will be a trend for a change in the modern time to let man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-16 19:55:28 |Display all floors

MOFO

stop whining, go make some money, and buy a huge luxurious VILLA if you can't stang living in a hutong. coward.
Mr. xRRx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-2 13:29:08 |Display all floors

About the Secuirty in the Hutongs, and Who will live there and who will leave?

Now I wrote  a few sentences here to explain some extra,and no more,becoz i have moved out of it since Some  incident  proved unsuitable for me to live here, with out makeing any change to the House lined in the Hutongs.

That is true that,  it is less empensive for you to rent a house in Hutongs the payable amount would be in range from 300 to 1000 per month. But the problem arise is here that most of house are singestory,and each unit is the sepearte,and owned by different people.  So You like to have a shower room,  a  kicken, and a small hall, it is imposible,you can't  rent three houses availed in a row belongs to different owner,and you can't knock off some door and transforms the house in to wellfurnished then make some attachment,and also can leave a place for raising pigeon,or dove.........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-2 13:30:20 |Display all floors

About the Secuirty in the Hutongs, and Who will live there and who will leave?

Now I wrote  a few sentences here to explain some extra,and no more,becoz i have moved out of it since Some  incident  proved unsuitable for me to live here, with out makeing any change to the House lined in the Hutongs.

Some says,  There are more house in the Hutongs offered for a rent since The Owner have got new aparment....   But  Why  those Hutong house still standing there becoz there is a policy that No one get a right to abolised the House with indication of long culture and history unless the Gov granted you the Permission............But the process goes gradually, i takes 1 or 2 years to tackle down the Hutongs and ready to build the infrastrture there.

about the Security,  more and more marigrant worker crowded into the cheap house,  and  most of them don't know where and How to get a RANDOM  REDICENCE  ID.   and some time you heard something bad happened like  robery,stealing.......or some criminal might live here for few day escape from police seach with a worker here.

and  The last night i spent in the hUtongs, a Police came in in midnight scared me a lots, since i lived in ther Hutongs, i seldom locked the door,and closed it.........The police got in and holding my  mobile phone swirling over my head,  saying your phone was stolen.... what a fun.....

they just gave me a warning that be taking of my property, then i show them my student ID AND  ID.......THEN the leaveing with the lightflash shineing and disappearing,a voice echo, this guy was too careless and too brave or blind.

and When i left the hutongs,  a friend of mine who introduced a friend needing help to rent a house, he is lucky since the house was empety when i left......But He is scared to show his ID AND HAVE NO RANDOM REDIENTIAL ID. WANT ME TO HAND OVER THE FEE FOR HIM ..THEN I LEAVE

That is true that,  it is less empensive for you to rent a house in Hutongs the payable amount would be in range from 300 to 1000 per month. But the problem arise is here that most of house are singestory,and each unit is the sepearte,and owned by different people.  So You like to have a shower room,  a  kicken, and a small hall, it is imposible,you can't  rent three houses availed in a row belongs to different owner,and you can't knock off some door and transforms the house in to wellfurnished then make some attachment,and also can leave a place for raising pigeon,or dove.........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.