Author: bfsuleo

Are traditional 'family values' outdated?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-28 10:22:05 |Display all floors
Depends on (among other things) how long the tradition has been in a society.

Next question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 10:23:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Sikaote at 2014-11-28 10:24
robert237 Post time: 2014-11-28 06:30
But we have to support all our parasitic billionaires.

Please elaborate.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 11:55:53 |Display all floors
The traditional family values still exist and work well, if applied as they were intended. They worked well for my parents and they are working well in my family. We live off my income and my wife stays at home to take care of our son. I do make more than an average income but am hardly rich. It is more about what you desire out of life, the toys you do not need, but the love and caring within a  family is vital. If you have children then you need to parent them, if you do not know how find out, friends come seconds, sorry but that is the way it has to be be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-29 12:47:25 |Display all floors
You know what, as long as you survive, you can always overcome whatever suffering you went through as a child...as an adult, you can take your life back into your own hands. It's all up to you.

I never knew my parents were strict until I heard people complaining about the same things that happened to them that happened to me on the internet...you just think that whatever you grew up with is the norm. You create your own reality, whether or not you realize it, and you don't blame the things that happened to you on anyone, because of your own beliefs, you attract events to you. Focus on the positive more, forget about the sorrows, and you will attract more happiness into your life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-29 14:05:24 |Display all floors
BB_Cream Post time: 2014-11-27 21:15
Dysfunctional environment in Chinese family is commonly found in Chinese society. It seems an oppres ...

There you go. Most Chinese citizens are  still fans of  totalitarian ruling when it comes to bringing up and educating their kids.   That's why  feudalism is still the order of the day in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-29 22:31:50 |Display all floors
My parents usually hold a strict management rule toward my growth. before I have stepped into university, almost all of anything I have to comform with my parents` suggestion, they even deemed to stay a night in my good friend`s home is something they can not allow during the period of my childhood. they stressed on one principle all the time that little kid should form a good habit when they were very young. in retrospect the time of my childhoos, there seems s little bit oppressive in my heart, but I also have kept multiple good habits in my life. as usual, my parents told me that never interrupt adults` conversation as a little kids. I also remeber something my grandfather said when I was in elementary school, he emphsize again an again that you should hold the bowl up when you have a lunch or dinner in table..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-29 22:42:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greatmankh at 2014-11-29 22:45

i think a traditional family values can not outdated forever,because equality,loyality,love and responsibility is eternity in our society.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.