Author: smuffy

What does it feel like for an expat to leave China?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-27 17:16:52 |Display all floors
I would have to learn foreign languages if I went back to the uk, so I will pass on that for now,,,
I have no plans to go back to the uk until we have a government that will kick out the scroungers....
maybe in the future that will happen
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-27 17:24:54 |Display all floors
if I went back to the uk I would have to learn foreign languages to settle so I will pass for now.
China is a good place to live, and there are to many things to list that I would miss
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 20:37:21 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-11-27 13:02
you can compare weather wise Shanghai with Finland, but tell your employers to give you a fit and  ...

There is no heating in any Chinese or foreign homes I have visited in Shanghai. The only heating you get is the aircon. The windows are single windows so it the hot or cool air escapes right away. What a waste of energy.

The only warm homes I have been in China were in Harbin and Jilin. They were too hot, no termostate, also what a waste of energy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 23:00:58 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-11-27 11:30
I have been now for 9 years in China, and cant see to live in the west anymore. The west is dead Chi ...

But you melted for the Swiss cheese
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 23:04:32 |Display all floors
To be honest

I dont think there is something to miss about China for the expats.

Many things abroad is better than in China, including the air.

What i will miss most it will be my Chinese wife, my Chinese dog and many of my Chinese friends.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 01:31:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-28 03:01:24 |Display all floors
I think there is not much to miss from China for any expat

Abroad there are many good things , even the clean air,

What i wouold miss a lot if i have to leave China it will be my Chinese wife (if sometimes she decided to stay) , my Chinese dog and some of my Chinese friends.

Nothing else.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.