Author: Silverman

Scientists Discover Happy Gene [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-24 16:46:55 |Display all floors
HEREDITY UNDERESTIMATED!

Great news arrived for committed hereditarians as geneticists from the University of Western Ontario reported that identical twins actually differed by some 12% of their DNA (Science Daily, 28 iii; AmRen, 1 iv). It had been demonstrated by 1990 that MZ twins differed in personality and intelligence partly because they supplied different micro-environments for each other (e.g. as one twin won the intrauterine competition for access to maternal blood supply -- see TgF). Now it turned out that estimates of heritability (h²) relying on MZs would have been further artificially lowered by the vagaries of DNA development.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-24 16:55:11 |Display all floors
LINK BETWEEN NATIONAL IQ AND NATIONAL WEALTH CONFIRMED.

Researchers James Thompson (UCL) and Heiner Rindermann (U. Technology, Chemnitz) estimated (apparently from new data) that for each point of average national IQ, countries’ GDP was higher by $229 (£140) per head (D.Telegraph, 19 iii, ‘Intelligence linked to the prosperity of a nation’, p.19; Association for Psychological Science [America]).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-24 16:57:03 |Display all floors
(A LITTLE) ATTENTION FOR IQ & The Wealth of Nations

America’s most cited legal scholar, the balded Richard Posner, turned out to have condescended to mention Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen’s evidence (available since Audrey Shuey’s work of 1966) that US IQ was dragged down by the feeble contribution from its Blacks  -- but Posner had little time for genetic explanations and thought a few more Head Start programmes could well solve the problem while, as an ignoramus of moderation, adjudicating that education could be overestimated “relative to genetic and cultural factors and also (and importantly) to economic inequality” (‘The Becker-Posner Blog’, 2 i). {In short, a long way for this venerated expert to go!}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-24 18:24:01 |Display all floors
I wish I can have some more happy genes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 07:48:39 |Display all floors
Nostril Post time: 2014-11-24 18:24
I wish I can have some more happy genes.

Me too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 09:24:29 |Display all floors
Silverman Post time: 2014-11-24 16:46
g-AVOIDANT DNA NOBELIST DENOUNCED AS 'RACIST'

Eugenics sympathizer James Watson, 83, who had never  ...

Acid

Watson (or Crick) is alleged to have tripped on acid prior to their double helix discoveries.
Have you tripped on a hallucinogen,Trans ?
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-25 10:53:20 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2014-11-25 09:24
Acid

Watson (or Crick) is alleged to have tripped on acid prior to their double helix discoveries ...

Israelis are so intelligent they can invent things in their sleep. Imagine what gods they would be if they used acid!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.