Author: boring.facts

Musical Ability is Related to Intelligence [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-23 13:40:45 |Display all floors
EUGENICS ON THE CHEAP

As North Carolina pathetically moved to compensate with $50K those who still survived after being sterilized (in a program for medical, mental, sexual and social problem cases which went on enthusiastically till 1974), several AmRen correspondents pointed out that $50K per head was actually a very reasonable price to pay for having relieved the state of the many problems that offspring of those sterilized would otherwise have caused NC taxpayers (12 i).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 13:41:18 |Display all floors
LIFETIME INTELLIGENCE GENETIC, LATE CHANGES ENVIRONMENTAL

In a massive (20-authored) international effort involving Ian Deary’s IQ data on 1,940 Scottish elderly (first tested in the 1930s at age 11) and Nick Martin’s techniques of ‘SNP’ genetic analysis, it turned out that there was a lifetime (11-70) shared genetic variance of 63% and a 76% contribution of (unspecified) environmental factors to IQ changes occurring within later old age (Nature, 18 i; Scotsman, 19 i, Michael Wade; FirstPost, 20 i).

Needless to say it was the environmental contribution to such slight late changes as occurred among the elderly that got the most media attention, together with the mystificatory authors’ gleefully accepted admission that no particular genes had been identified – as cowardly peecee internationoid neurocognibabblers rushed forward to say.

{Unsurprisingly, many correspondents to newspapers confessed they did not understand the paper – and could not recall being told how much the vast exercise cost. The researchers’ unwillingness to explain frankly to journalists that intelligence was largely genetic had yielded a heavy penalty in their comprehensibility.}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 13:51:57 |Display all floors
GENES MARCH ON

Substantial genetic effects on attitudes and values were reported from a big twin study by German and Austrian scientists – with ‘shared environmental’ effects figuring very little at all (ScienceDirect, 7 x).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 13:52:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by boring.facts at 2014-11-23 13:52

ANOTHER GENETIC RACE DIFFERENCE

It transpired that American scientists had, in April, published evidence not only of a lower resting metabolic rate in Blacks (allowing energy conservation, and thus helping respond to fluctuating environmental challenges without putting a demand on intelligence), but of a specially lower rate in Blacks having no European ancestry (AmRen, 7 x) – thus prima facie a genes-based racial difference that had been suppressed by MSM for six months.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-23 20:28:45 |Display all floors
I am good at playing the symbols.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-24 07:11:00 |Display all floors
Octopussy Post time: 2014-11-23 20:28
I am good at playing the symbols.

I can play the oboe!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-24 14:16:49 |Display all floors
I can play a good beat smacking my forehead with my hands.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.