Author: SEARU

Are you greedy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-16 17:04:44 |Display all floors
even it's the most delicious and healthy food. if you eat too much .then it would be deadly.
Things always reverse themselves after reaching an extreme.
sorry for your grandpa.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-16 17:08:27 |Display all floors
It's a fine line between healthy food and excessive eating. I'm guilty of both.  

Some of the serious issues with eating fatty foods of the wrong kind include arterial blocking (where the arteries fill with sludge and reduce the blood flow, thus increasing the work the heart has to do and hence blood pressure), fatty liver (nasty as liver failure is fatal unless a transplant is made), gall bladder stones (very painful when they pass), plus a host of other issues.

Alcohol consumption (excessive), that is more than 2 nips a day for an adult male.  Potential for brain damage (alcohol destroys braincells and connections etc), liver and kidney failures, and blood pressure issues as well as diabetes type II (adult or sugar diabetes as it's known in some countries).  

Excessive sugar intake.  Very nasty, it can effect the insulin balance and blood sugar levels, leading to type II Diabetes.  Diabetes is going to be a massive issue in China in the future as it's already a big enough problem.  Diabetes if left untreated or if  dietary changes are not made and followed leads to limb loss, usually toes, then feet and legs, via gangrene, venous ulcers and blindness are some of the delights that await.  Death is inevitable but can take decades to occur.

Refined foods such as white flour and other highly processed foods bring their own issues including colon cancer, bowel cancers and other digestive issues.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

My advice, eat in moderation and enjoy food but don't let your life be ruled by food.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-11-16 21:15:59 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-11-16 16:41
I understand, I on weight loss now, it slipped on without me noticing and getting lazy

I will always leave a small amount of food on the plate. That tells the brain you're not hungry anymore so less likely to grab something else and eat it.

I am only 5kg's over weight for my height and try keep it sensible without living a
'can't have that, can't have this life'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 22:00:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 22:18:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 22:21:54 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-11-16 09:08
It's a fine line between healthy food and excessive eating. I'm guilty of both.  

Some of the serio ...

JUST NOW I have made a long reply but failed to post it! ( now I have a try for test!)
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 23:13:21 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2014-11-16 14:00
you must be getting fat..

Nice to meet you!Judging from your professional reply, you sound like a doctor!; meanwhile, the shining medals on your chest indicate that you are a great general from the war! ---( just for your laughing)

Thank you! Since you have told me a vivid story about human body!

In china, we have such old saying: “illnesses invade your body through the mouth!”--------what and how much of what Tom has eaten has determined his beauty and health!

Let’s suppose that the baby’s internal environment is as clean as the ancient Yellow River which flow was as clean as the blue sky; ------- It is the kinds of food that could maintain the river stable for a long time if you pay enough attention to the mouth!;-------- However, some bad substance from food is harmful to the pure environment and you would see some singles of earth appear in the river-water; ------as we grow old, the flow would become “ half water plus half sand” and the ‘blue canal” was doomed to become a ‘yellow river’!---------then anyone could imagine what would happen if the sand dominate the current!

In some sense, cigarette is also a kind of food, since it could offer hundreds of kinds of harmful substance to your blood through the lungs!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.