Author: yelson

Not tea-------[(Love Over Coffee and Life without coffee)] [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-12 14:32:52 |Display all floors

Coffee Needn't Mean Caffeine; Coffee is a very pleasant drink. From

Coffee Needn't Mean Caffeine
Coffee is a very pleasant drink.

I have a low tolerance of caffeine, which triggers migraine headaches for me.

However, I've not had to give up coffee as de-caffeinated alternatives are generally available. I also prefer fresh coffee to instant coffee, and my favourites are Jamaican Blue Mountain and Costa Rican Tarrazu.

The problem with using coffee as a stimulant are the after effects. What "goes up, must come down", so if the caffeine takes you "up", you will come "down" afterward, which could disrupt sleep patterns and lead to irritability

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-12 16:16:13 |Display all floors

Hainan is the place to be!

For coffee!  We grow it right here in my town, and they roast the beans right there in the market place, and I can take it home and grind it (or have them grind it for me) and make wonderful, brewed, Xinglong coffee.

Or any tea house in my town serves kafei-nai -- this wonderful blend of strong coffee and sweetened condensed milk.  It's addicting!  It's wonderful!  It's almost better than sex.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-16 14:08:47 |Display all floors

Coffee was beat out by Wine.........if they are personalized, Wine is beautiful

Hmmm. I see what you're saying. But I tend to think that the way it was portrayed was more realistic for the character, and fits the metaphor better. Wine is presented as a metaphor for life, and the great potential of the later years of life. It is also a metaphor for the infinite possibilities in life. The way a glass of wine tastes on the day it is opened will be different from the way that wine would've tasted on any other day. It's a living, changing thing, but if left in the bottle indefinitely it is without value. The events in Miles' life have driven him to a point where he is sure he's past his peak, and it drives him to do the unthinkable--to drink his '61 with some fast food in a fit of self pity. The fact that he had never opened the '61 is a symbol of his fear of taking action. So to open the '61, even while despondent, presents an overcoming of that fear, where now when he receives the call, he can be certain of what his action will be. What at first appears to be a sign of abandoned hope later proves to be the real catalyst in his making the decision to take the sort of risks in life which lead to the sweetest payoffs. He may have lost the 'special occasion' of the '61 that he had waited so long for, but in doing he so he in fact empowered himself to be able to create many such special occasions in future years, which years are suddenly full of newfound potential.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-24 10:37:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.