Author: bfsuleo

Should schools have dress codes?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-15 09:50:14 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2014-11-14 19:13
Uniformity of dress is intended to eliminate the wealth distinction between student so that they all ...

Good point. Also to cut down on the distractions caused by questionable attire/t-shirts/hats etc.

Schools are a place for learning but unfortunately today, kids think that everything revolves around them.

Bad parenting is at the root of most of today's societal ills. Bad parenting leads to bad habits in the kids. Such as poor spelling, laziness, rude behavior, and acting out against authority figures. Kids need to learn responsibility and accountability before they can be who they want to be.

Kids today need to learn how to obey the rules, so later as adults, they can make better decisions on which society's rules they want to break and be better able to understand the consequences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-15 12:52:48 |Display all floors
Factually i miss those days when i weared my school uniform,which is kind of like my part of memory of former studying life, personally thinking that it's the symbol of unity and equality on the campus, and the substancial thing is that we do not need to spend extra pennies on other clothes and valuable time on collocating clothes every day we wake up, whcih is still annoying problem to me. Sometimes i wish every one could wear the same clothes in college, which definitely impossible to happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 16:14:34 |Display all floors
To be honest,that unifroms save may time from thinking what should wear everyday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 08:55:45 |Display all floors
When I was a pupil & high school student. well we were forced to put on uniforms, and we disgusted them, and had a idea that uniform was ugly ,restrainted us from freedom. reminded us of our identity, ok ,just  like a puppet. Well ,now I am a college student, I pretty envy those on uniforms, cause they are young, beautiful, sort of that.  and the most important thing is that uniforms often recall me those good memories that happened in school. so uiform play a key role in our school life. so.....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.