Author: linda_sun

Why do Chinese prefer celebrating western festivals?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-10 11:41:41 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-11-10 09:44
I was going to say the same thing: Chinese holidays are about tradition and solemnity. Western hol ...

Don´t tell me you are a foreigner too.
Well, you comment sounds as a sour Chinese

You as a Chinese knows well your traditions and solennity, ok,  that´s wonderful but you can not call foreign holidays are all about fun if you do not know.
The festivities about Christmas is not what you see in China, there are traditin and solemnity too. This is not a competition who are more solemny, its about to identify and respect differnt holidays and festivities abroad.

What it happen in China is pure business and marketing. Any complain, do it to the ones who allow this happen.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 11:43:31 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2014-11-10 09:46
Did you forget to drink your koolaid this morning?

No because I don´t drink those kind of beverages.

Did you hit your head with that bat?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 12:06:36 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2014-11-10 09:52
Wrong again, Poindexter. My neighbors (who actually are Chinese) in Beijing celebrate each of thos ...

My neighbors (who actually are Chinese) in Beijing celebrate each of those holidays. Right down to the stockings hanging on their mantle on xmas eve.

Let me help you to rescue you from your ignorance.
A Christmas celebration is held in Christian countries only and in Christian families abroad.
- In Christmas people attend a Mass in the church nearby at midnight-.
- People prepare a special late diner on 24th inviting some relatives to join the arriving of Jesus at midnight. In other countries as in USA celebrate the lunch or diner on 25th.
- The exchanges of gift is very common between the family and colleagues in workplace too.

The hanging socks is part of the countless decorations that exist in the market,

Btw
Every time I visit my sister, relatives and friends in Canada or US or in South America, I take many Chinese decorations that i bought in CNY, the ones who are easy to hang too and everybody are happy to get it, they don´t understand well the CNY or Spring Festival but they appreciate and like all those gifts.

Definitely, we the foreigners are more simple and open minded than you guys.

Their kids come to our door on halloween dressed as Hello Kitty or Superman or Kung Fu Panda.

Its for fun, nothing harmful, someday you will get it.

So your assertion that "Chinese people do not celebrate, for example, christmas", is just more of your trademark babbling about something of which you know nothing.

Now I invite you to eat your words after my detailed explanation. Bom appétit.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 12:07:34 |Display all floors
Xilong Post time: 2014-11-10 10:09
Exactly. Concise and to the point.

Can reply me answering my questions? thank you

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 12:08:34 |Display all floors
thining of festival mood and tradition are not preserved well-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 12:12:46 |Display all floors
Seems this is a sensitive thread
all my long replies are in hold

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 21:50:22 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-11-10 09:44
I was going to say the same thing: Chinese holidays are about tradition and solemnity. Western hol ...

Really, I'm surprised so many people agree with you. Is that how it is in China? Sounds terrible.

I loved Chinese New Year, especially when I was younger...as kids we got money from people :) It was a fun holiday and a day to look forward to every year back then! Is it Chinese New Year again? Yay!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.