Author: linda_sun

Why do Chinese prefer celebrating western festivals?   [Copy link] 中文

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-10 09:44:55 |Display all floors
Xilong Post time: 2014-11-9 18:25
western holidays are just like games. it is like the whole society is palying a game together. by co ...

I was going to say the same thing: Chinese holidays are about tradition and solemnity. Western holidays are all about having fun.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 09:45:18 |Display all floors
Western-style propoganda. Western leaders have been practicing the art of deception for more than 100 years.

You just don't realize that the people who fled to America in the 17th century to avoid the oppressive regime in England created a whole new oppressive regime for the indigenous people. And it was so rampant into the 18th century that they wrote an entire constitution (that didn't apply to said indigenous people, or the slaves that were imported) to try and protect it. Then in the 19th century, half the country tried to repress the other half - destroying their entire way of life. By the 20th century the US government was in your bedroom and your liquor cabinet trying to impose morality on the "immoral".

And we can't forget McCarthysim - that was a really good one, followed by the Hoover FBI (see, for example, the Palmer Raids).

Western holidays are all about control and subservience. If one observes the "sacred" holidays, it's likely they are subservient, and thus controllable. If not, then not; finding the "dissenters" was made a lot easier simply by looking for the house without a christmas tree in the front window, for example. This made it easier to find troublemakers - free-thinking folks (those who require facts and proofs instead of propaganda).

Descendants of those christmas-tree-having dupes are here on CD. It's easy to spot them - just look for  comments bashing Robert; those clowns wear their christmas tree headgear with pride .

Most of the Chinese that observe western holidays are in it for the gifts and candy, unaware of the underlying conditioning: "Let them eat cake". Oh, cake is good. I like cake!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 09:46:36 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2014-11-10 04:28
Linda
Seems you are confused, ignorant or got lost. I guessed you just visited a shopping mall and  ...

Did you forget to drink your koolaid this morning?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 09:52:36 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2014-11-10 05:25
Simple
Chinese people do not celebrate for example Christmas, they are witness of nice decorati ...

Wrong again, Poindexter. My neighbors (who actually are Chinese) in Beijing celebrate each of those holidays. Right down to the stockings hanging on their mantle on xmas eve. Their kids come to our door on halloween dressed as Hello Kitty or Superman or Kung Fu Panda.

So your assertion that "Chinese people do not celebrate, for example, christmas", is just more of your trademark babbling about something of which you know nothing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 10:09:54 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-11-10 09:44
I was going to say the same thing: Chinese holidays are about tradition and solemnity. Western hol ...

Exactly. Concise and to the point.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 11:03:32 |Display all floors
Sflsenglish Post time: 2014-11-10 09:27
All Christian festivals have their origins in Pre-Christian paganism most often based on moon cycl ...

Thank you for your info.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-10 11:30:11 |Display all floors
SharkMinnow Post time: 2014-11-10 09:27
I would agree with XiLong: Western Festivals are more like parties or games for some Chinese. Also,  ...

Definitely you are another Chinese posting like foreigner.
Any foreigner without low complex as our current anti-foreign  Chinese guests full of hatreds in this forum will drop those comments. Even if you were from another religion,
Everybody knows holidays as Christmas is pure business in China, nobody celebrate it.
The people you saw with costumes on Christmas is common in shopping malls, like deer, santa hat,  snow man, etc.
Sure, Chinese don´t take seriously because its not their religion and its not their holidays, obvious isn´t it?

What is also obvious is the Chinese like the Christmas enviroment in the streets and shopping malls.
Same it happens abroad with local people there and the CNY in all Chinatowns.

Christmas in China is for business.

Btw
You asked question and i replied you,  
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.