Author: linda_sun

Do you eat animals organs like liver, kidneys,etc,?   [Copy link] 中文

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-4 10:26:22 |Display all floors
Chitterlings - pig intestines (pronounced 'chitlins): a favorite dish in the south of the US. They stink to high heavens but reportedly taste wonderful. I wouldn't know: the smell discouraged me from trying.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-4 12:28:45 |Display all floors
tradition-

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-4 13:21:17 |Display all floors
Lots of British people buy kebabs late at night when they are drunk......:-)

I found goat lungs are surprisingly good if prepared right, likewise, heart, liver and kidneys. Tripe boiled in milk and served with garlic, vinegar and chilli is really good. I helped to slaughter and butcher sheep for a traditional feast (kirban) in Bulgaria. Every part of the animals went in the soup except skin, hooves and bladder. Small intestines can be cut into sections, and turned inside out on a stick to make them easier to clean.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-4 15:19:35 |Display all floors

a pig organ. Not edible :-) Each pig squeaks at a different pitch when its tail is pinched by the organ keys.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-4 17:49:05 |Display all floors
I come from England, New Zealand and Australia. The main internal organs we eat are liver and kidneys.
Lamb's liver is preferential. We usually fry this with bacon to make a casserole. Kidneys are chopped and mixed with beef to make a "steak and kidney" pie. The Scots will use lungs and other bits and pieces to make their famous Haggis. Also eaten (although I dislike) with gusto by some is tripe which is stomach lining. Also sweetbreads which I think are neck glands - not 100% sure about that.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-5 09:01:07 |Display all floors
It's called offal it can be very tasty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-13 12:05:34 |Display all floors
I like fried chicken livers with hot sauce .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.