Author: smuffy

Bike allowed on subway trains in your country?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-3 08:27:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-11-3 08:27
futsanglung Post time: 2014-11-3 02:46
But Yogi is smarter than the average bear

Sure is, that brings him up to a double digit IQ ... still smarter than the average Texan.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-3 08:34:11 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-11-3 03:43
It's so easy to fool them, why? I have always asked myself this question

I have my theories on why the average American is so gullible when overseas.

In part it's due to their education, the national press's overly parochial news service and the concept that "everything's bigger, better and superior" in the USA. The vast majority of American's have never been outside of their borders and really have little interest or understanding of the rest of the world.

The vast majority of American's I've spoken with have no concept of how big Australia is or even where it really is, the same applies to most of Europe. I recall a recent survey where 40% of the USA couldn't even place Europe on a map, let alone China, Canada or anywhere.  

I could go on and on but what's the point.  Things aren't much better in the UK, Australia or many other nations where many are little more than two legged sheep.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-3 08:54:03 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2014-11-2 19:55
I never understood that: in Texas, one can bring their bike onto the subway or light rail. There are ...

It seems that you don't take the subway in Beijing. There's barely enough room to breathe. Imagine the chaos if everyone had their bikes with them.

I have a battery powered razor scooter that folds up so I can take it on the subway with me. No one ever said I couldn't. It fits inside a small duffle bag. Even then I don't attempt to get on the subway with it until after 10:30 am.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-3 09:05:41 |Display all floors
Sikaote Post time: 2014-11-3 08:54
It seems that you don't take the subway in Beijing. There's barely enough room to breathe. Imagine ...

It would be difficult for me to take the subway in Beijing as I live in Wuhan
My point was: if one already has a means of transportation handy, why use another one?
A later post of mine on this thread says that subways in China are too crowded.
Your scooter sounds cool!
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-3 09:07:06 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-11-2 20:59
Oh yes they are so gullible it's not funny.

Some stunt's I've pulled:

Although I'm grateful not to be sharing the same continent with Americans, I wouldn't say they are gullible.

I think they're all sleepwalking (non-human-flesh-eating zombies). Just enough motor skills employed to get around and do the basics: SSS, go to work, eat, watch TV, take selfies, sleep. Genes having to do with empathy, common sense, and logic have actually been removed from their DNA (hard to believe, but true).

Some have been duped into taking "legal" anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drugs; the rest have gotten where they are via apathy or monkey-see monkey-do.

Guillible? No.

Non-human-flesh-eating zombies? Yes.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-3 09:50:48 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-11-3 08:34
I have my theories on why the average American is so gullible when overseas.

In part it's due to  ...

I know, you should see scared marines looking for dropbears, wyes wide open it's funny

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-3 10:29:45 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-11-2 19:26
Don't shame your country....
I like that reply

It's a very educated reply

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.