Author: freeman

"we will definitely not tolerate Taiwan independence" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-20 04:12:23 |Display all floors
YAAAAAWN... arguments over who has "legitimate" sovereignty over Taiwan is *such* a waste of time. At the moment, it is clear that the CCP does not have de facto control over the area. If the forces currently in control of Taiwan ever become too weak to fight off any Communist attack, well, then the situation will change. I just get *so* tired of watching people beat this dead horse over and over again. We all take our own positions regarding the Taiwan issue, mostly based on a pre-existing ideological, emotional or nationalistic point of view, and then try and seek to mold the facts to suit our views.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-3 22:54:15 |Display all floors

RE: #348

I actually take offense at being called "barbarian lesser life". Since when were the Chinese superior in any way? In saying this, I don't think Chinese are inferior, I just don't like to be called lesser because of an accident of birth, a difference in politics and because of the fact that some people can't see the forest for the trees. It's precisely this attitude that ensures that the world today will never be a peaceful one.
Chairman, might I suggest that you go and have a look around the world, at places where people are living normal lives and are, basically, the same as any average Chinese citizen. People are people, and no race or culture has any claim to superiority and to suggest such is erroneous, unwarranted and highlights your own ignorance and inability to grasp the fact that we're all human before we're anything else! Disregard this fact at your own peril my hapless friend. I hope that was only a typo!

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2007-7-3 10:55 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-6 15:37:18 |Display all floors

hoho

The time is 100% on our side.

We could choose to resolve the Taiwan problem ( or issue) before 2030,  or say, exactly 2028?  okay?  Joe, Vince and your like?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-6 16:08:20 |Display all floors
Time isn't on anyone's side; if anything, it may be on Taiwan's: economic growth in China means people have their own lives and care less about these fake issues.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.