"we will definitely not tolerate Taiwan independence" [Copy link] 中文

freeman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-12 16:17:57 |Display all floors

Reply: China's Growth

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-12 16:29:30 |Display all floors

Yes Arthur on the average 8%..it upsets many... :)....Good...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-12 19:07:40 |Display all floors

Their democray, their freedom?

Hm.
Have you ever seen their politicians even fight in Senate?
Mr Li'Ao called LuXiulian an "old maiden", and added: "Oh, I only know she is old, whether is still a maiden, I'm not sure!" (He said this on a TV show.)
Could you call these "democray and freedom"? Fighting in Senate is crazy and ridiculous! And feeling free to say any words about the leaders is also not good, though Mr Li'Ao is very humourous, which I like, but after all it's a kind of insult on their "Vice President".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-12 19:47:41 |Display all floors

An Honest Taiwan student admit that: People in Taiwan are so free that they have

One cruel fact is:

For the time being, reunification is basically still one-sided wish, yes, our own wishful thinking.

A lot of the Taiwan younger generation try every chance to differentiate themselves from Chinese.

However, I think they are chaning their mind and I believe they will change their mind...The ancients say, "A scholar who has been away three days must be looked at with new eyes."

I hope Taiwanese can treat people in Mainland China with increased respect.  

But we have to bear it in mind that respect is gained by decent action, by facts instead of big words or threats.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-12 20:34:08 |Display all floors

YOUNGERS IN TAIWAN

the Taiwan's authority forbids the communication with the mainland,i think this is very bad..why the youngers in Taiwan misunderstand the country?why?  because they don't know what the current situation is in REAL MAINLAND! just like the europeans and other foreigners..to reunify Taiwan. the most important thing ..i'd like to say..is to make the Taiwanese know real China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-12 21:32:04 |Display all floors

What will happen?

What will happen if Taiwan really go independent?It's war,surely.But of course no one wants to see this situation occur.Is it true that Taiwanese leader do plan to set up an independent country?I also don't agree on this suggestion.Taiwan has no base for independence.Why some Taiwanese leaders frantically make provoking speech and act as they are running for independence is that they need such thing to occupy the political space.As far as we know,Chen-shuibian catch the power because he stress the localism,he brags that everything he does is for the interest  of the  Taiwanese,and by this way he attracts  many Taiwaneses around him.In fact it's a small trick of a sly polician,and it will at last fails because any tricks will be revealed eventually.Look now what Chen has done to Taiwan,the slump of stock market,the doldrums of the economy,the fleeing of the  asset,are all due to Chen's governing.And now,to avert  plublic's attention,Chen again pick up the weapon of struggling for the independenc of Taiwan,and he know, this may be his last straw to save his rule of Taiwan.So I think if Taiwanese are not insane,it's time for them to make a right choice,that is,to topple Chen and select a more pragmatic leader who will not put emphasis on the ideology,but make peace with the Mainland,and depend more on Maindend to boost it's flagging economy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-12 21:32:46 |Display all floors

Surprise!

We  can't  be  wise. But  we  should  pay  attention  to  our  article  that  we  write. Or  it  won't  benefit  to  ourself.  Please  attention  to  your   writtings.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.