Author: Daphne_sxy

Old man fell down because of sudden disease but left neglected by 49 passer-bys   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-31 14:46:43 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-31 09:54
This can't be true

Shouldn't be but sadly is. From what I learned, Chinese people often don't help each other. Reason being the are afraid of scammers. For instance an old lady somewhere in northern China fell to the ground and when an innocent bystander tried to help her up. She then claimed he pushed her. Video obtained later clearly showed she was lying. I think this is one reason Chinese folk are resilient to help out injured people unless they are friends/family
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-31 20:05:18 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-10-31 10:33
stop the scams and maybe people will help....

That's the problem, you help you may get scammed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 21:15:08 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-10-30 21:33

maybe not a scam but the ol set of rules sez let the authority involve but not yourself...the new set of rules now is see something do something just like what we want the public to get involve in NewYorkCity to against terrorists...not ev'rythin is a scam in life   
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 21:18:53 |Display all floors
So regretful to hear the bad news. I am a little confused toward the old man, when this kind of emergency happens, why did not he scream for help from those pedestrians. this kind of trick that to pretend to be this sort of helpless people for obtainning walkers kindness in order to defraudding money can be see in someplaces. so, for avoidding involve in this kind of trick, a majority of passer-by would improve their awareness of safety to skirt around the old man choosing go their own way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 21:26:31 |Display all floors
people are here sooo soncernin bout m$ney than to help...and i love to see the color of m$ney as well but i never stopped helpin others when i see  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 22:57:43 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-10-31 10:33

Well said this time.

Many people especially elders scam the ones who are able to help them.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-31 23:02:17 |Display all floors
Unfortunately this is true, I happened to watch this yesterday on the internet. The video showed an elderly gentleman unstable on his feet, trying to hold out for support, he was walking at the side of the road. Just as he was going out of sight he fell, it then show several passers-by slowing down to look, individual and couples,  some being very curious yet no attempt to help at all. Eventually the video shows man emerging and with caution moving towards the individual, it then show him using his phone. I cannot confirm the number of individual who looked on, then walked on, and offered no help or assistance, but I will say I was horrified at the number of people who failed this man. This is typical of China, I just hope one day these people do not find themselves in the same situation. Even to hold a hand and offer reassurance cost nothing but a little time. Lack of knowledge in [FA] first aid, is an excuse only, you only need so show a little compassion to other. hold the hand and comfort them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.