Author: alyssadeng

College is like a prison   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-11-1 00:25:27 |Display all floors
alyssadeng Post time: 2014-10-31 14:31
Certainly i know following the rules the school set for our security is easy for us, but i dont th ...

Good training for when you get a job! Set y6our alarm so that you wake up early enough to get there on time

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-11-1 00:27:03 |Display all floors
alyssadeng Post time: 2014-10-31 15:49
I would love to,but the rent is a little expensive and there will be no security guarantee, we are ...

So the Uni tries to keep you safe and you complain but you will not move elesewhere s it is not safe, you need to make up your mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-1 00:28:08 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-31 18:17
In today's uncertainty it is a good idea to carry your ID card as the people in the dorm are your  ...

When I am in China I am obliged to carry my pasport at all times, I do not see this as retricted freedom and the principle is the same

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-1 02:28:44 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-10-31 11:28
When I am in China I am obliged to carry my pasport at all times, I do not see this as retricted f ...

you REALLY have to & they couldnt tell you from a local...they didnt bother me when i was there  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-1 10:37:38 |Display all floors
I am curious about this "gate" that the OP mentions. Is it actually a gate, or is it the main entrance door to the dormitory building? If it is the door, and it is being locked with a chain and padlock every night, that is illegal under China's Fire Code (section 14, sub-section 6). I know this because the foreign teachers at my university, all of whom are over the age of 30, BTW, have a 10 PM curfew, and the main doors are locked in this manner every night. As well, all exits, and hallway entrance doors, except for one stairwell (furthest from the main entrance) are locked 24/7 with padlocks. We are also not allowed to have any visitors at any time.

I do understand and sympathize with the Chinese students, for the "security measures" are a bit draconian. It would be much simpler to have a key-card entry system, where the doors can be opened manually, from the inside (like a fire door), but to get in, you have to swipe your card over a sensor. The sensor can be shut off at a certain time each night, and the only way in would be to buzz the 'guard', and your name and reason for being late recorded in a log (If your uni has a curfew in place, that is).
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-1 11:53:45 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-11-1 00:28
When I am in China I am obliged to carry my pasport at all times, I do not see this as retricted f ...

I was driving our company car last night from Luoyang to Fuzhou and as I was about to enter the highway I noticed there was a police road check: I knew what was waiting for me. I was asked to stop on the side show my documents, the car docs and the reason I was there. It made me lose a good 15 to 20 mins and I was lucky enough to dodge the situation thanks to my Chinese language skills. I asked if this was a random chec or they were looking for someone. I got not answer. As I found out later in another road check once I was about to arrive in Fuzhou, they were actually looking for criminals. I must look one.......got stopped and checked twice!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-1 14:20:22 |Display all floors
my college is a little bit like yours, but l learn so much from it. so just stop complaining and start learning things you need.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.