Author: alyssadeng

College is like a prison   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-30 20:18:55 |Display all floors
Actually, it's not so bad as you said. There is no need to worry too much, if you perform well and follow the rules. To some extent, it's necessary for safeguard. With such system, the university staff would do better on management, which would make you students more convenient.
By the way, I'd like to say, Monitoring System is not the perfect expression, for the case you mentioned. At the begining, I regarded what you said as a survelliance system. I think, maybe, Entrance Guard System would be better.

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-30 20:30:04 |Display all floors
Thanks for the translation. I understand your position much better now.
Around our school there are several people who are mentally ill. They run around all over campus, terrify the students with their strange and dangerous actions. Some students were even attacked by one woman. This same person also goes into the canteens and snatches students' meals... while they are eating them! She also takes things from students - water bottles, phones and snacks that they had just bought. Once she even took a girl's hair barrette!   
Our dorms instituted security regulations similar to your school to keep such people out of the dorms. Having students swipe in and out is simply a by-product of our modern society.
Having your activities - coming and going tracked is not fun, but if you are a good student, go to class regularly and make good grades, you don't have anything to worry about.
Wish you the best.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-30 20:34:18 |Display all floors
Maybe too many students often go out and not get back department.
So the college leaders make this monitoring system to restrict you out of school.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-31 00:37:59 |Display all floors
College is like prison! so have you been in prison?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-31 02:39:54 |Display all floors
Prison???? It is just security.
Believe me or not - similar rules are all over the world. And yes, even for rhe "adults" in the university dormitories.

Access control system based on the electronic cards? What's wrong with that?
Rule to go back at strict time? It also helps to find out if something bad happens, and one wouldn't go back.

More freedom?
What age is the Chinese student entering the college? 18 years old? So what freedom You expect? Are You able to pay by yourself for this freedom? Or the education is funded by Your family?
When You want to decide for yourself - pay for yourself. Not ready yet? So you are not independent, and have to do what "sponsors" tells You to do.

As Lionstar said - You want more freedom, so hire the apartment and don't use the dormitory.
Expensive and Your Family can't afford it? So go to work for one year, earn the money for that comfort, and then go to the college and use Your money to give Yourself some freedom.

Independence and freedom always comes at price.
This is real world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 04:14:52 |Display all floors
When I was in college I lived in my own apartment, made my own schedule at school, attended class if I saw it necessary. Graduated with masters degree in 4 years. The school and housing was paid by Finnish government as it is for all Finnish people. Maybe you should complain your CPC representative that things are not right and instead of wasting money on space programs and aircraft carriers they should focus on education. Maybe then the top Chinese students wouldn't leave the country for foreign schools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 14:31:17 |Display all floors
carol-hubei Post time: 2014-10-30 20:18
Actually, it's not so bad as you said. There is no need to worry too much, if you perform well and f ...

Certainly i know following the rules the school set for our security is easy for us, but i dont think this could make sutdents more convenient,take one example, if we accidentally fall asleep so deeply that we are almost late for class in the afternoon(class begins at 14:30),once we come downstairs,we would see a long line for swiping the school cards in turns.Maybe monitoring system is more suitable for this system due to the installment of monitors in the front of the gate,which completely reveal the essence of this policy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.