Author: celinawang

Over 30 but still living with my parents   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-29 20:49:23 |Display all floors
you will never move on with your life if your still with your parents.
They will probably do all the cooking, cleaning, washing, worry about you if you're not home before XX o'clock....

as easy as it is to say "grow up" you should learn how to stand on your own 2 feet. lets say you find a boyfriend (making the assumption your of the female persuasion going by your name "celina wang") then get married and have kids. how will you look after the kids if you don't know how to look after yourself?
i know im looking far into the future, but I have a point. if you can't look after yourself how will you be able to cope with others?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 21:27:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by messenger77 at 2014-10-29 21:28

Do whatever you want, honey. If you feel living at home is for you, then live at home. If you feel the need to move out, then move out. But make sure you are doing the best you can with your life, and that you're being responsible and not lazy.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-10-31 18:13:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-17 12:58:37 |Display all floors
I think the LAtimes had an article about this recently.

It was something along the lines of how in the USA, many 20-30 year olds are moving back home, similar to in Asian cultures. The author argued this can be positive in many ways, but adults need to act like adults. That means you should pay some rent, pay for utilities, buy food, cook, clean and so on. If you live at home as an adult you need to act like an adult.

Too often the image of a "loser" sitting around playing video games all day is what people think of when they say an adult lives at home. I am curious how common that stereotype is in Chinese homes!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-18 06:08:02 |Display all floors
SharkMinnow Post time: 2014-10-29 17:40
Only spoiled, coddled children are allowed to live at home in China or the West. These children neve ...

What is depressing is that a "teacher" makes his son live in Beijing because the "teacher" cannot find a job in his own country.

Bald, pink shirt and not shaved face. Enough seen and said.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.