Views: 2849|Replies: 8

Would Aussies Vote If We Were Not Forced? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-10-27 08:53:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 16:45:50 |Display all floors
Thank you for sharing this input with us.

I just verified your words about forced vote in Australia via internet search. Get out! It is true! I had thought it was a joke of yours.

Australians do NOT have any right to vote for ruling out all candidates. You guys have to rank of whom you are in favour one by one.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 19:20:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-28 19:21

But those candidates cannot really stand for the interests of majority Aussies, so you are very disappointed.

It is like in a kingdom...

Candidate 1 is a Pig

Candidate 2 is a rat

Candidate 3 is a cockroach

People have to rank all of the three, and then choose one, although all of them are disgusting... Correct?

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 21:21:56 |Display all floors
First at all, CHINESE DON´T VOTE IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES unless they have adopted the foreign citizenship.

If you were a real Australian never would say ¨Democracy in Australia is very different to most western nations¨, you would say ¨different to most democratic countries¨. Only Chinese with hatreds and with open agenda talk as you often did in this forum.

So YOU as a CHINESE do not have to worry about the voting.

Do westerners really care about 'democracy' as much as the ruling class tells us we do? I think its pretty clear that we dont care about democracy and especially modern democracy because it is an obvious and insulting lie. How can people care about something that they know isnt real?

Your comments about democracy and the voting in  Australia, USA and other Western countries are totally out of context, why? because you are Chinese, you don´t understand foreign culture and regulations.  

In my opinion democracy is almost dead and I am happy about it. I would prefer an honest dictatorship. I am sure that if Australians were not forced to vote then only a very small percentage of us would bother.

In what country or countries the democracy is almost dead?
Can you name them?
Maybe Venezuela?

Can you imagine living somewhere that forced you to vote and then told you that it was a right that you should value? It is ridiculous.

Again, its ridiculous for you because you are Chinese with hatreds, you don´t understand or you don´t want to understand.

Feeling good being a troll?

Why you keep denying your Motherland China?

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 21:42:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Quasar_3 at 2014-10-29 01:27

Really?

"First at all"
"If you were a real Australian never would say"
"with hatreds".

What a long rant, except it is full of irrelevant (poorly worded) personal attacks. Very little was about the topic in question.

On topic, there is no compelling reason put forth yet that suggests Australian voter turnout rates would be any better than America's and Canada's.

This is offtopic, but can someone explain why Messi (who is CLEARLY ESL) is going around trying to "correct" people's English and making definitive judgements on who is/isn't from the west?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 23:15:11 |Display all floors
A new ghost in town now.
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-28 23:55:30 |Display all floors
UK is something similar to Australia, we are forced to register with the threat of possible prosecution and fine if you do not however, personally I have never voted in my life. No matter what they promise I would never believe, simply they never get it right. And like many other countries, ministers and MPs have a healthy habit of helping themselves to public funds.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.