Views: 422|Replies: 4

From soldiers to farmers[3]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-24 16:34:54 |Display all floors
Reporter's log: Gao Bo

Willpower and the survival instinct

Before I became a reporter, my impression of life in the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps revolved around boundless fields of cotton. That's because I had to spend at least one month every year in my middle school period helping pick cotton at the Xinhu Farm under the Sixth Division, about 30 kilometers from my hometown county. ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 16:34:55 |Display all floors
That's a harsh and hard experience, I have to express my great respect to these Bingtuan soldiers, they have beening contributed their lives, their successor generation to Xinjiang's construction.
Fortunately, our state government has paid much attention to them, known its improtance for the nation.
Trees are always planted for their successive generations, they are real heroes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-25 14:17:33 |Display all floors
Shihezi is an example of Chairman's Mao's vision to build cities out of the vast wilderness of Xinjiang. Those early heroes worked not only for themselves, but for their country, quite unlike the kind of people under post-1978 leadership.

Note: NOT surprised to see the omission of Shihezi's origin by present media propaganda.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.