Views: 2871|Replies: 15

Sexual harassment "inside the Ivory Tower" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-21 16:59:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wpywood at 2014-10-21 17:04

Never an Ivory Tower: University
Be Careful, outstanding competence is not necessarily a guarantee for morality

1. According to Xinhua, on October 14, Wu Chunming, the Distinguished Professor at Xiamen University's College of Humanities charged with sexually harassing all his female doctoral students and seducing them into extramarital sex received punishment of expulsion from the Party and revocation of teaching qualification.

Before this incident, Wu was widely recognized as the academic leader in the study of Maritime Archaeology. Despite of his respectful and outstanding academic achievements, he abused his power and influence brought by it.   

Evidence 1: Photos taken at the hotel

Evidence 2: Chatting records and emails between Wu and his female students
Till now, there still exist many disputes: how many female student victims were concerned?  
Did Wu divert the public fund into opening rooms?
Is this same with the saying that mosquito never bit the no aperture egg when talking about the female student victims?

2. Recently, Wang Xiaojian a Professor Emeritus at Sichuan Fine Arts Institute was reported to ravish a kiss on two of his female students at a meal. Wang blamed his inappropriate behavior to alcohol in the Letter of Apology. In response, he said it was normal social. Afterwards, Wang received punishment of pension deduction and prohibition on school activities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-21 20:23:51 |Display all floors
SOB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-21 22:47:17 |Display all floors
As one student who is in university and I also heared this kind of rumor that there is a unhealthy relationship between the female student and her tutor. but it seemed never happened around me. that is a good thing to expose their bad behavior to the public, I suppose those professors who have this kind of inclination to have a sex with their young female students would be a little bit afraid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-21 22:58:11 |Display all floors
not bad at all to be SOMEBODY (not too special i hope)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 02:32:59 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-10-21 22:58
not bad at all to be SOMEBODY (not too special i hope)

What are you saying?

Its better to be a sleazeball than a nobody?

<confused>

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 02:39:00 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-21 13:32
What are you saying?

Its better to be a sleazeball than a nobody?

take my 5th this time  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-22 04:38:27 |Display all floors
Just do what many Chinese girls do to turn off a man... Eat lots of garlic, don't shave your armpits and most men will leave you be.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.