Views: 2552|Replies: 8

Reality TV shows do more harm than good [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-14 17:03:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by bfsuleo at 2014-10-15 08:19

Reality TV shows are hugely popular among Chinese audiences over the past few years.

But I think reality TV shows do more harm than good because reality TV shows encourage people to pursue celebrity status and discourage the value of hard work and an education. In order to catch viewers' eyes, lots of the scenarios in these shows are particularly designed and they have little educational value in our daily life.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-10-14 17:49:17 |Display all floors
I'd rather go for a walk in the heavy rain, than watch someone on an ego trip. Most if not all contestants are attempting to gain fame, or it's the now the failing 'has-been' so-called celebrities attempting to rekindle the glow and show back into the limelight. Not for me at all, time to reach for the umperdoodle [umbrella] .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-15 09:40:54 From mobile |Display all floors
bfsuleo Posted On  Yesterday 17:03
This post was edited by bfsuleo at 2014-10-15 08:19  

Reality TV shows are hugely popular among Ch...

I found this article was cut into a much short one compared with the version I read yesterday which I planned to share with my students today. it is a pity cause I want my students could apply the views appeared in the previous version to encourage them to present their own thoughts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-15 14:51:13 |Display all floors
I think the major reason behind that many people pursue fame by participating TV reality shows is fame brings money. Of course there are some people who are actually talented, but most of the participants are just seeking things that fame could provide. We see stars appearing on the stage with nice clothes, elegant manner and exquisite make-up, which makes us think it's easy for them to make big money. So many people envy them and hope to become them someday. The producers of TV reality shows know well how people think.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-15 17:29:09 |Display all floors
celebrity can make money,even notorious.
so, if you have enough fans, you will success.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-15 21:20:32 |Display all floors
As one old saying goes, every coin has two sides, so does this kind of TV show. As far as I was concerned, for one hand, the reality TV show would offer a opportune platform for those who are talented in a certain field. and those brilliant performers can be known overnight through this kind TV show. However, we can not deny some deficiencies the TV show would bring. in some persons` eyes, now that from the nonimous to the celebirty can be fulfilled in one night, which would encourage more and more young people to fancy what they would become if they also take part in this kind program.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-10-17 09:53:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.