Author: VALARMORGHULIS

Will you marry a man do not have his own apartment or house?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-16 16:32:56 |Display all floors
When I got married with my husband 5 years ago, He had nothing. We bought the house, the car and other property together. But now, if I chose the man to marry for my first time, I must consider his property, which represent his ability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-16 17:26:55 |Display all floors
jenny201408 Post time: 2014-10-16 16:32
When I got married with my husband 5 years ago, He had nothing. We bought the house, the car and oth ...

great thoughts, I am impressed by your materialistic attitude towards life.
you must be very happy in life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-16 20:18:50 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2014-10-16 07:56
I agree there can be a middle position and emotion can take over money , this is what makes us hum ...

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-17 09:26:20 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2014-10-16 17:26
great thoughts, I am impressed by your materialistic attitude towards life.
you must be very happy ...

Not as well as you thought.  We do not feel proud to face and solve every dificulties in our lives. And I always think if he has much money, life will be easier.  You must criticize i am so materialistic, but i do not care, and i will tell you that is because you do not meet so much trouble and you are not me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-17 11:04:55 |Display all floors
Yes, it is much easier to become selfish and materialistic by saying that I had a tough life and faced lot of difficulties. easy path , easy money but this world is a big mirror you see and get what you are. So you will also get selfish and materialistic people only.
well make choices and you made yours , carry on with you easier life, best of luck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-17 11:55:55 |Display all floors
here in china it seems like you don't marry a women. it is like buying a women to be your wife. without buying house, car, better salary and loads of money to women's parents before marriage you will be single for very long time. also when you buy a house it must be the new one. no second hand. car has to be at least more than 150000rmb expensive the best. it's not only you impress your wife here actually you need to impress her entire family. it's very different from the west. marriage itself a big hassle. fortunately I married my wife (Chinese ) before we moved to china. so not much trouble for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-17 14:49:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wildcav at 2014-10-17 16:30

Chinese are kind of an odd bunch. They think money is most important part of marriage. Then they wonder why so many men have Xiao San. Or why you see so many unhappily married couples, the chronic scowl on both their faces. I think its slowly changing now, but still a lot of these couples that were married on the basis of money first and love eventually are not married. They are just in Liveable Hatred of each other. My friend is dating a Chinese woman who is married and has a teenager. (I think its wrong to do, but it's not me.) When I asked her why she would date someone who isn't her husband, her response was basically "I don't love my husband, so why does it matter as long as my daughter doesn't know?" Another thing is, what's the most popular show for kids? ( 爸爸去哪儿 Where are we going dad?) Why? Because most kids don't get to spend a lot of time with their fathers since they are always working to buy the things that society thinks they need. When I have taught teens and preteens, I explain to them I don't care about the show. I tell them my father took me hunting, camping, fishing, rafting, etc when I was growing up. Why would I want to see someone else do that? The kids are always amazed my father spent that much time with me and my brothers.  That's my little rant on this whole subject of money first. And full disclosure on my part, I no longer date Chinese women specifically for the reason that so much of what I was asked about on dates was money related.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.