Views: 14452|Replies: 143

HONG KONG PROTEST FALLING APART BY THE HOUR   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-30 13:10:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-9-30 13:25

Filling up spotty areas of the Causeway Bay road with protesters does not prove that the protesters are in the majority, but rather, are in the extreme minority, because their numbers are such a piddingly peanut compared to the entire population of HKSAR of 7.3 million people.  When the Western media says "tens of thousands of protesters", they really mean "at most ten thousand protesters".  So what is the democratic meaning of "ten thousand protesters"?  It means 0.14% of the population of Hong Kong SAR.  And when they try to stretch their numbers with ultimate hyperboles, and say there were "80,000 protesters", which is an absurd exaggeration, they mean, a whopping "1.1% of the Hong Kong population".  So, how can the demands of at most 1.1% of the Hong Kong population represent its "DEMOCRATIC WILL"?  Let me tell you how.  Just point your cameras at a crowd, and zoom in until their faces fill up the frame, and presto, it becomes the de facto "DEMOCRATIC WILL OF THE PEOPLE" according to the news media dictators sitting in NY, LA and London.  The Western media is desperately trying to shore up the flagging interest of the students, who for the most part have gone home, never to join again in such a horrible picnic that requires them to march, shout, and sweat it out under the sun for the sake of a few leaders who probably have been promised Ivy League scholarships and posh jobs abroad, while they, the rank and file have to do all the fighting and heavy lifting.

One look at the map of the protest movement on Hong Kong Island shows that they could not even line up one single street from end to end, the Causeway Bay.  The street was longer than the entire contingent of foreign lackeys ready to line up at the foreign embassies one day to get their pass, which of course they would FAIL in getting, because they have forgotten, the guys behind the desks are the same fellows who put out signs "Dogs and Chinese Not Allowed!"

Those who do not know history, alas, are doomed to repeat it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 13:16:59 |Display all floors
Hong Kong needs Article 23 passed and its provisions enforced NOW.

Kick ALL trouble makers out - by force if necessary!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 13:33:21 |Display all floors
Doesn't sound like it's falling apart to me; and with the holiday tomorrow that means more people will show up. In the meantime I heard a rumor that Macau is preparing their own protest on the holiday.

It will be interesting to see how the government handles all this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 13:38:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2014-9-30 13:52
WhyHK Post time: 2014-9-30 13:16
Hong Kong needs Article 23 passed and its provisions enforced NOW.

Kick ALL trouble makers out - by ...

I am glad you think that way too.  Most Chinese are feeling their blood boiling over, watching the wimpiness of the HKSAR "executive" trying to appease the protesters with promises initially to "talk to them".  The bottom line is, the only people who have a right to talk to a China-appointed chief officer of its special administrative region are CHINESE CITIZENS.  These protesters are rejecting the right of China to exercise its sovereignty over Hong Kong, which is an indirect but fully equivalent way of rejecting China's sovereignty over Hong Kong.  By rejecting the sovereignty of China in Hong Kong, these protesters are de facto no longer Chinese citizens, but agents working for foreign governments, and have no right to negotiate anything regarding the internal affairs of China.

So, what is the reason for a Chinese official to negotiate with traitors against China?  Is there any basis for negotiation, apart from their being fellow Hong Kongers and Cantonese?  Does that become the de facto rule of recognition of legal rights in Hong Kong?  One does not have to be a Chinese citizen, but just a Hong Konger?  I have every respect for Hongkongers, many of whom are my friends.  But I have a problem when the Chief Executive of the PRC in Hong Kong accepts negotiations with those who are de facto not Chinese citizens but instead are front men of foreign powers.  Is negotiating with traitors patriotic?

This needs to be discussed at the very top level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 13:46:53 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2014-9-30 13:33
Doesn't sound like it's falling apart to me; and with the holiday tomorrow that means more people wi ...

We know that the money used to finance this insurrection must have been laundered through Macau as winnings from gambling.  Thanks for the tip.  The big shots will soon have to meet their margin calls when they are gambling with their entire stake against China's stake in both Hong Kong and Macau.  They are gambling against the House of China.  And the House always wins.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 14:08:46 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2014-9-30 13:46
We know that the money used to finance this insurrection must have been laundered through Macau as ...

A little paranoid are we? Hong Kong has a long history of peaceful demonstrations. It seems to me the government has two alternatives; either wait out this so called 'Umbrella' movement or they will come down real hard because of the amount of people protesting.

In the meantime, hundreds of people in Taiwan took to the streets over the weekend in support of those protesting in Hong Kong.

Again, it will be very interesting to see how the government handles this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-30 14:11:49 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2014-9-30 14:08
A little paranoid are we? Hong Kong has a long history of peaceful demonstrations. It seems to me  ...

Don't forget mainland China allows Hong Kong to commemorate June 4th. No other province can.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.