Views: 7518|Replies: 34

What will you say to people who ask you to find a boy/girlfriend   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-25 20:17:59 |Display all floors
People, especially Chinese believe living alone is not by choice but by circumstances. In other words, if you are alone because you can't find a boy/girlfriend. Therefore you are pathetic and a loser in life. Few people see living alone as a way of life.
If you choose living alone as a life, what will you say to people who ask you to find a girl/boyfriend?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-27 18:25:55 |Display all floors
Okay, I disagree as each case is different.  Take for example the following scenario.

The guy:  Masters degree candidate.  Work takes him to wonderful locations, he is earning many times the average salary:

The girl:  Masters degree candidate.  They meet while she is doing her undergrad degree, is from another country.

The scenario: They meet in her second year of her undergrad degree.  They fall in love, a deep and wonderful love, they are soulmates and love each other with a depth and passion that few people can really understand.   They become engaged and she is killed a week later while crossing a pedestrian crossing.  His world collapses and he throws himself in to study and work, this helps alleviate the pain he feels.  His career really takes off and before he knows it he is in his 40s and single, finding a girlfriend is difficult in his country as most of the good women are taken and the dating scene is for the under 30s.  

If such a guy a looser or pathetic?
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-27 18:49:42 |Display all floors
Tell them to mind their own business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-27 19:04:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-27 19:09:51 |Display all floors
This is quite sad to think there are lonely people, there is nothing worse than coming home to an empty home. The great joy is to come home and hear your partners voice and feel their presents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-28 01:15:41 |Display all floors
Well if you are uncomfortable with the dating scene as I was after my late wife died you can ask around with your friends and see if they know any good prospects, there is always the online services if you have access to that but the key is to get out there if you hide at home you will never find someone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-29 08:32:29 |Display all floors
I agree with grb, mind your own bisuness.
Wish I was single now

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.