Author: saltandpepper

The globalization of China’s high-speed railway   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-18 14:19:09 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-18 14:40
Country after country?

Then name them!

Your frustration of bitterness and resentment turned you into what ya are today, full of hate and revulsion...
Within my 89 years of age, I have met many  men abused – sexually, physically or emotionally. But, NONE turned to such blind hate ...
this forum would be better off without ya...
At the same time I've decided to stop wasting my time and say adios to this forum...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-18 14:23:42 |Display all floors
Trains are cool but not very economically viable.  The infrastructure to build a rail network that has enough entry an exit points is huge compared to a Airport system.  Imagine connecting every single airport in the world with high-speed rail lines.  That's exactly what airplanes do without the cost of building the rail lines.  Its also a lot cheaper to maintain a fleet of airplanes then a country wide rail network.  

When it comes to freight, trains start to become more viable but only on the bulk side.  Coal, rice, corn.  Trains are the best for these types of goods.  But nobody needs a high-speed freight train.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-18 14:39:24 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-9-18 14:01
Just as the West refined the ancient Chinese technology of paper making, so has China refined West ...

Shame the Chinese cannot copy the West's  food quality control, since they copy everything else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-18 16:41:26 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-9-18 15:01
You mean botulism tainted milkpowder from Australia, melamine tainted milk from NZ, steroid tainte ...

Show me proof milk powder from Australia is tainted? Get your facts right, there has never been a complaing against Australian milk in China. A Jumbo jet of fresh milk is flown into China EVERYDAY. You need to do your reasearch.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-18 20:25:52 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-9-18 20:07
It was a NZ baby milk formula company that sourced some of it's milkpowder from Australia. A shipm ...

Where is the proof? Nothing but groundless opinion. Australian milk powder coming out of the Murray Goulburn Koroit factory in Australia meets the highest standards. I know more than you about this than you think. Oh look I named the factory, the company and the town, why is that do you think?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-18 20:39:44 |Display all floors
saltandpepper Post time: 2014-9-18 05:09
PRC unimpeded and unstoppable industrialization under the leadership of this great CPC has been le ...

Yes, and it will be a long time before China has a successful commercial airliner of its own.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-9-18 20:41:31 |Display all floors
calvin_hsu Post time: 2014-9-18 11:51
It is no denying that China rail shorten transport time, but meanwhile, according transport cost are ...

You are correct, HS trains have their place but should run alongside the cheaper slower alternatives, China has axed too many of the sleeper services in favour off high price HS lines

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.