Author: incarnationabc

How to define terrorists?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-17 08:02:27 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-9-17 07:47
What about Hitler led terrorist Nazi country, that launched the wars against Jews.

Terrorism reac ...
Terrorism reaches its apogee, when the terrorists control the leadship of a country, and it comes a terrorist state as those devils run the machine of the whole state, and its people are all brainwashed and under their drive.

This is called Fascism, not terrorism.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 08:11:27 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-9-17 06:44
This is the definition of a terrorist.  Its a person - not a government.

When talking about gov ...

I have answered you about what terrorist state is from my previous response to you. Please don't be so bookish.

It was not Bush Jr. the individual who launched the terrorist war against Iraq, killing the civilians, but the whole country as he and his family didn't involve the war in person. Bush Jr was elected by your own people, and the leader of his party. He was the symbol and mouthpiece of the country.

Did any American successor of president officially condemn the atrocity and demand Bush Jr. should face the justice? No!

Did any American president officially apologize and compensate to the killing and suffering civilian Iraqi people in the name of state. No!

Bush jr. committed the terrorist war crime for the interests of party and the country. He represented the intestests of the ruling terrorist party, and turned the country into a terrorist state.  The key point is the party is terrorist. If no Bush, there would be another terrorist party member who led the country to launch war against civilian people via bombing, killing, etc.  Is there anything fundmentally changed about the platform or plank of the party after one president out of his tenure? Nothing at all.

American foreign police is consecutive, and aggressive. It is unfair to pass the buck to Bush Jr and ask him to hold the bag , when the rest of politicans seem to have a clean hand.

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 08:22:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-9-17 08:25
futsanglung Post time: 2014-9-17 06:54
Wrong, the BBC is funded by the licence payer, plain and simple.

You failed to answer any point m ...

Please read this report about the breakdown of the BBC's annual income from Wikipedia, before you pester me for any questions which do not make any sense at all.

According to the BBC's 2012/13 Annual Report its total income was £5,102.3 million,[1] which can be broken down as follows:

##£269.7 million from government grants, of which 264.7 million is from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for the BBC World Service;
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 08:29:24 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-9-17 08:11
I have answered you about what terrorist state is from my previous response to you. Please don't b ...

Bush and cohorts are war criminals.  

I'm sorry to get hung up on the semantics here, but this stuff drives me crazy.

You cannot have a 'terrorist state' as the two cancel each other out.  A terrorist fights against the state-  does not have the power of a state.   

You can't just go around calling every atrocity and every bad foreign policy 'terrorism'.  Its a misuse of the term.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 09:12:02 |Display all floors
This post was edited by skywalk1 at 2014-9-17 10:16
JFenix Post time: 2014-9-17 08:29
Bush and cohorts are war criminals.  

I'm sorry to get hung up on the semantics here, but this st ...

I understand what she means, though.

Terrorism is something I have never heard of before 9/11....how people are using the term today, I don't know, so I can't say whether or not I agree with your definition...but why is it so important to get it strictly right?
There is progress whether you are going forward or backward; the thing is to move.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 09:21:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-17 09:25:03 |Display all floors
skywalk1 Post time: 2014-9-17 09:12
I understand what she means, though.

Maybe I am getting too caught up in semantics here, but I don't see any valid point here.

Bush & Co were war criminals.  They made up reasons to invade iraq and they lied to the world and the american public.  They destroyed a country and thousands of lives.

This is a war crime.  Calling it terrorism belittles the act.  Bush & Co were not some enraged psychos throwing a temper tantrum to bloody the nose of Iraq.  

Not only does calling it 'terrorism' belittle the seriousness of war crimes, it belittles the victims of terrorism by changing the definition.  

So those attacked in china by terrorists...those who were killed...are we supposed to not think of them?  Or any other senseless victims of terrorism because they were not carried out by the state?  Somehow their deaths are less meaningful than those killed by a state power?

I just don't like this kind of talk or line of reasoning.  You see it all the time on here.   

Wrong is wrong.  We can call all that is wrong 'wrong'.  War crimes are wrong and terrorism is wrong.  

One doesn't cancel out the other.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.