Author: admin

Is receiving-gifts a corrupt act for teachers?[2]- Chinadaily.com.cn-gifts a cor [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-20 15:11:30 |Display all floors
It all boils down to the Chinese custom of building relationships, 'gao guanxi'. Of course in this case, gao guanxi would produce some really unfair situations; teachers who receive expensive gifts from parents, are expected to take better care of these parents' children, to the detriment of those who don't offer gifts or who offer lesser gifts.
Yes,receiving gifts is corruption, as teachers are in public service, they should be treated as 'flies' that President Xi Jinping promised to swat!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 16:21:23 |Display all floors
To be honest,please don't think teachers are saints,they are normal.So sometimes teacher would have received gifts from parents,and take special care to their children.Always,most teacher prefer to like some students than others in spite of not receiving gifts.It is natural.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-30 15:31:45 |Display all floors
I have friend who is a teacher in China one year the Province had a very good crop of apples and they were very cheap to buy.Many parents gave my friend boxes of apples as gifts until her apartment was full of boxes of apples.I suggested she give some of the apples to other teachers,her reply was their apartments were also full of apples and they would be very angry if she gave them apples.I said if you like someone give them 1 box if you dislike them give them 2 boxes of apples.I was laughing very loudly every time I thought of a new use for her apples she soon became very angry with me.After several months the apples started to smell,I suggested she make wine with them she went crazy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-8 16:42:57 |Display all floors
Refer to my comments about gifts in my blogs and replies to similar blogs

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.