Views: 1311|Replies: 6

England---This is how it is done [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-9-8 07:50:47 |Display all floors
Scotland has for decades, even centuries ( Think William Wallace) wished to be independent of English political rule while not giving up the economic benefits. A peaceful political manoeuvring through out the past 50 years has put Scotland in a position to be independent of British parliament and in some areas the Queens rule has come to a poll vote.

Early counts have the Scot's in the lead. As the poll vote comes to a close a patriotic momentum for separation will gain favour and most likely will find success.

This story is not about succession-the early wars and heavy handed and  brutal methods employed by Edward the First and co-conspirators- from learned counsel (religious or otherwise) to traitors of Scotland and England both...it is about how it was done in this day and age.

There were no IRA in street fighting..bombings..civilian deaths and casualties --there is not forced turnover but a peaceful non-violent exchange of political leaders much like the return of Hong Kong and Macau. Unlike other current conflicts in Europe and the Middle East where a very familiar "rule of the sword--or rule of the gun" so popular these past centuries with many political upheavals throughout the world---this was a peaceful movement through diligence and statesmanship-

This is how it is done in a civilized world by civilized nations.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-9-8 08:41:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-9-8 11:09

This is an excellent example of how things should be done and  is allowed to be done in the 'modern' age.
Unfortunately, this is not how is allowed to be done in this very modern age, in Palestine, Africa, Ukaine, Afghanistan, Pakistan or so many other places, by the very countries that have graciously allowed such in Scotland!
The people around the world will all be just as civilized if the circumstances are the same.
Civilization and civility, like charity seems to begin and end at home...
We still live in the 'dark' ages when in comes to hypocrisy and double standards.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-9-8 08:49:13 |Display all floors
Is is too late for the Americas to be returned to their rightful owners?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-9-8 14:57:45 |Display all floors
If people are treated fairly, the majority would never want to leave a strong union in a fair election.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-8 15:01:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-8 15:11:34 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-9-8 08:49
Is is too late for the Americas to be returned to their rightful owners?

It's never too late to return into the fold of the British Commonwealth and accept the Queen as head of state

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-10 21:33:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-9 21:18
You are calling for downsizing China to its Qin-era dimensions. Bravo - some sort of intellectua ...
the Russians will have to withdraw from the Far East to the Urals...

you sound upset old chap...
relax, Britain's David Cameron made an impassioned plea to keep Scotland in the Union, saying: "I love my country more than I love my party."
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.