Author: KIyer

Indians in South Australia barred from Anzac Day parade [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-9-9 05:49:30 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-9-8 23:30
Embarrassing to all decent whites to see this racism. This encourages hostility toward us.

It should not be to avoid hostility towards whites that the RSL should change its stance. It is to do the right thing morally. Else, accept things as they are! Everything does not have to be calculated for benefit or minimizing loss. It is that mindset that has got us to this place today!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-9 08:14:41 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-9-9 05:47
I know! I have very good friends from the RSL in Alex. My friend Rex, about whom I have written is ...

We are disgusted in this redicilous  problem of their own making. We will not renew our membership unless they march in Adelaide

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-9-9 10:15:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-9-9 10:03
I am glad to hear this. The Indians seem to deserve the support of the White Australian veterans ...

We are all soldiers together

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-9 18:29:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-9-9 20:31

Any gesture, symbols or representation of honour, friendship or respect carries only as much meaning as the spirit and feelings behind it. Without them they are empty tokens. When the feelings and spirit are there and perceived, even the absence of these symbols or gestures does not matter too much.

No one should be coerced, forced or compelled to make these gestures or symbols.
The only place coercion or force should be used is to prevent injustices in dealing with people's lives, rights and freedoms if other methods fail. Marching in parades is not such a basic right or important issue. Very few Indians will take this seriously enough to have any additional hostility towards Australia  because of this issue. Most will simply move on, accepting the way things have been for centuries. This is not an issue worth fighting for, for Indians.
It is perfectly OK for anyone to make clear their stand or opinion and then move on. Forcing people to accept others against their wishes will breed hostility towards Indians. That will be a silent, simmering, below the surface hostility that is worse than straightforward, simple declaration of non-acceptance.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-9 18:33:32 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-9-8 06:54
Any day is a good day to reflect and learn something - ANZAC day does not celebrate 'victory'. It  ...

Bruce Ruxton (RSL Queensland, deceased) has the last laugh.

Yours may have fought and died for the empire and Australia, but as a coloured person, they certainly won't be honoured, not even if they made the ultimate sacrifice for Australia.

As an Aussie, how does that make you feel?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-9 18:37:47 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-9-8 06:54
Any day is a good day to reflect and learn something - ANZAC day does not celebrate 'victory'. It  ...

Fine and noble sentiment, but if you are expecting reciprocity from the RSL reprobates, you can wait a long time.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-9-9 18:51:19 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2014-9-9 20:33
Bruce Ruxton (RSL Queensland, deceased) has the last laugh.

Yours may have fought and died for th ...
As an Aussie, how does that make you feel?

Personally, there is nothing I have done as an Indian or an Aussie that I should feel ashamed of or bad regarding this issue.
Actions and inactions speak more about the person doing them or not doing them (even if they are directed against others)

There are bigoted people everywhere on this earth and they show their true nature through their actions, words and inactions (where action is needed). When their own intelligent children or descendants, who can think and judge them fairly, do so, they will get their just deserts. After all, almost ALL people live, struggle and go to great effort to look good in the eyes of their own children, their own family and countrymen. We also know that real credit comes when our children, our family and countrymen who judge us are thinking, fair-minded individuals. Getting credit from the ignorant, biased or bigoted fellow beings is hardly worth much.
Nothing is a greater waste of life and a lifetime of efforts than being thought of negatively in history, by our descendants, our own children or their children, when judged fairly and honestly! It will take generations of descendants trying to sugar coat their actions, growing with guilt, being ashamed of the actions and attitudes of their forefathers... It is a terrible burden on future generations who start by looking up to their ancestors by default and gradually realize they were not very worthy people.

We don't have the last laugh in our own lifetimes -- we have it after we are gone, in the lives of our descendants.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.