Author: blingbling

CD jargon FAQ: posting tip [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-12 04:22:29 |Display all floors

what are muzzles?

Muzzles are restraints put on around animal mouth so they won't bite,  "muzzled" on CD means the acocunt is banned by moderators.   

I stole a more specific Q&A from another thread:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bchung:
<i><b>i am sick of asking the same question
what on earth are muzzles????????????</b></i>

from straighttalk:

OK, so I'll do your work for you...
muz·zle n.
1. The forward, projecting part of the head of certain animals, such as dogs, including the mouth, nose, and jaws; the snout.

2.A leather or wire restraining appliance that, when fitted over an animal's snout, prevents biting and eating.

3.The forward, discharging end of the barrel of a firearm.

4.A restraint on free movement or expression: had a muzzle put on their high spirits.

In this case I think we can safely assume they are using definition 4 of muzzle.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-28 10:22:30 |Display all floors

how does cenrsorship in CD works?

Preamble

we all know too well censorship does exis here on CD, but there is no clearly stated rules about how censorship works.

Veterans and newbies here alike are walking blind in a minefield, you never know when you will trip a wire.

We only learn censorship the hard way through much frustration, experience and trial and error.  

I hope everyone can contribe here their understanding of the working mechanism of CD censorship.

If we know what the boundary is, forumites can avoid much meaningless frustration, and the moderators can avoid losing much karma because of poster's much cursing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-28 17:25:04 |Display all floors

Blingo

I find that there is no censorship if you say nothing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-28 21:33:45 |Display all floors

Hedan

It looks it's your day today. You are the writer on duty to feed the shredder.
When folks can't hit you by comments they/he/she can at least raise your temperature.
That's a kind of polemique with CD ch inese characteristics.

I hope this earth worm in my comment is good enough for the rubber.
I also must have at least one post deleted, or I would feel like a hanjian.

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-6-28 23:46:40 |Display all floors

Ha! Ha!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-7-7 07:17:22 |Display all floors

copy your long message to a notepad

Here a posting tip everyone should know.

After you finish writing a long message, before clicking the "post" button, always copy it to a notepad or your own blog, otherwise you message might be lost.

there are 2 reasons.

The first one is your login can timeout after a while, and you may have exceeded your time limit when writing your long message. when it happens, you are asked to login your account again, but your message if forever lost, even when you use the "back" button on your browser, you only go back to a blank page.

The second reason is censorship. Any post that's not of mods's liking or contain certain sensitive words will disapear into thin air. So it's only prudent to save your message first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-16 07:16:08 |Display all floors
should we now add , troll to the list
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.