Author: KIyer

Whats with the police? Another shooting in Ferguson, USA   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-20 11:13:55 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2014-8-20 13:12
Did you see the spoof? Sometimes comedy comes a little too close to reality and it hurts.

yes, i have seen Chris Rock's routines. even one about this issue.. most black comedians  have one on this topic... its often sad to hear it as a foreigner, even while I appreciate the humor..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 11:21:51 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2014-8-20 13:10
You’re right “They did not go about burning and looting every day of the week, all their lives. ...

For god's sake (just using an expression)... When one's own countrymen are driven to such despairing self-destructive acts of venting frustration at injustice, does not a sense of fellowship, empathy and shared pain come over your heart? instead of jumping on to their actions to further villify them as a race?
When your own child throws a tantrum, one still talks and deals with them lovingly, even while not accepting their violent behavior. But if the child knows the father loves him/her, they will not want to act up violently.
Do the minorities in your country feel loved, treated like they belong? If so, not so many will turn to looting, burning or asking to be shot and throw down their lives like this.
Man!! you have your own people in such dire state and all most people talk is the language of saving one's own rear end...  its like saying "They are different, bad people whose deserve no better".  They are your own children, your own people, you own fellow countrymen who feel injustice in your own land. Do something to fix it... Your country has many great features and strengths. This is not one of them. This is one of your greatest weaknesses. They way people even talk and respond in such situations!
The whole world will understand if you can focus a little more on your own home turf and give them a break from such solicitious concern for human rights everywhere!!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 11:25:38 |Display all floors
This incident exemplifies why the American forefathers put the “right to bear arms” in the Second Amendment. They didn’t do this to go duck hunting; they did this to fight against tyranny. If the government ever becomes tyrannical then this gives the citizens a way to defend themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 11:27:12 |Display all floors
They are adults not children. And they should do something to fix it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 12:35:52 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2014-8-20 13:27
They are adults not children. And they should do something to fix it.

They have not been treated as equal adults, with the same respect other 'adults' of a different color are.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 12:41:39 |Display all floors
The USAnians express so much sympathy for rioting people and their 'conditions of discrimination' across the other side of the earth,  in Iraq, Europe, Asia - people they never heard about two weeks ago. Why not some sympathy and empathy for their own brothers?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-20 13:36:52 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-20 11:21
For god's sake (just using an expression)... When one's own countrymen are driven to such despairi ...

Spoiled children have temper tantrums. Even the poor in the US have electricity, color TVs, food, etc… A mother on welfare in the S collects about $200,000 USD in benefits per year.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.